i need to get rid of slugs

SteveKinks420

ok now i was looking and Smokey's thread on homemade pesticides, however i dident see anything on slugs and snails, and what do you know that is the only problem i seem to have haha.
anyways i need a solution to my slug problem fast because all my plants are doing great except my biggest, most favorite, and smelliest one. this one has already lost 4 brannches due to the damn slime bags, and they are just starting to eat the main leaves. so if anybody knows any solutions to this slug problem PLEASE let me know because they're killing my best plant

thanks-
Steve Kinks

I'm not sure what your requirements are for a solution (e.g., needs to be home made, needs to be organic, etc.), but Corry's Slug & Snail Death (actual product name) worked well at keeping those giant, thumb-sized, crunch-like-a-tortilla-chip-when-stepped-on banana slugs away from my marigolds when I lived in the Pacific Northwest; I anticipate it would work well for MJ plants too. You sprinkle it on the ground around your plants and it will kill the slugs and snails as they approach your plant(s).

You'll need to reapply at least weekly, depending on the amount of rain you receive. The only downside to using Corry's S&SD is all the "melted", dead snails/slugs lying around after they eat the stuff.

Yeah slug bait works the best. Just sprinkle it on the ground around the plants. Don't put it in the tubs with the plants. Another thing you can do is use sawdust or crushed egg shells and sprinkle that around the plants. The slugs won't cross it because it hurts there bellies

^ Have to agree with WeedPipe and Weed420. Just dig a little divot so the bowl's rim is ground level.

Oh yeah. Use the dead flat beer that's left over from last nights party. The slugs won't care and it's a mortal sin to waste good beer. Ask any Irishman.

Hell, I'm a Scotsman and I wouldn't waste good beer on an Irishman much less a slug! :0)

haha im with you there LabRat i myself am a Scotsman also, and you just dont waste the fresh beer.

and thank you to everyone else that posted

B0110cks- i looked for that stuff you suggested in a few stores that i thought would have it.... not one of them did, so maybe thats just a west coast brand, im on east coast so I dont know. and believe it or not i couldent find ANY slug and snail repelants its unbelievable, thank you anyways

put copper wire around your pots. It will shock them. i had the same problem :(

Not electrified...just so nobody gets the wrong idea and something bad happens ;) We used to get crabs to let go of our bait by touching them to the aluminum hull on the boat...something about it made them let go and haul ass like they were on fire.

I'm not sure what your requirements are for a solution (e.g., needs to be home made, needs to be organic, etc.), but Corry's Slug & Snail Death (actual product name) worked well at keeping those giant, thumb-sized, crunch-like-a-tortilla-chip-when-stepped-on banana slugs away from my marigolds when I lived in the Pacific Northwest; I anticipate it would work well for MJ plants too. You sprinkle it on the ground around your plants and it will kill the slugs and snails as they approach your plant(s).

You'll need to reapply at least weekly, depending on the amount of rain you receive. The only downside to using Corry's S&SD is all the "melted", dead snails/slugs lying around after they eat the stuff.

Exact stuff i use, works great

Back
Top Bottom