I really need help with pruning my girl

Gypsy58

I am 3 months and I have topped her once at 30 days. After the topping she started to get more branches. Under each branch, growing right below the flowering branches. All of these branches are purple with green leaves, but the majority of them have only a 3 fingers leaves. These branch seem to do nothing but drink and eat. Should i take the next few days and start removing these purple branches? Here are a couple photos to see what is going on
20210420_201128.jpg
received_761064278102353.jpeg
20210412_171553.jpg
20210412_171537.jpg

I have no idea what flipping is. It stsrted to flower about a month ago. But all this with grow lights and nutes is a new process to me. I'm from the 70's and back then we germinated, planted, and watered. They just did what the do and grow. From time to time you topped it. So all this is totally new to me.

So should I just leave purple branches alone? That seems like it would be robbing her of the water and nutes that is going to help her bulk up and get a nice strong plant.

New world nomenclature... lol

Flipping = changing from VEG lighting (18/6) to Flower lighting (12/12) - its a timing thing.

I flipped my VEG plants to FLOWER last week.
(means I changed the lighting from 18/6 to 12/12 last week)

This is sorta important since you can gage how long your flowers have been growing and a good "general" indicator of when to harvest. But I just use the moon cycles. Its easier than remembering dates even tho I write it on the pot label.

I'm from the 70s as well. I still grow that way.

Why not keep doing what we always did? If it aint broke n all.

I grow water only. I even have my watering automated.

Basically only thing I do with my plants is inspect for pests and take pics cause I cant see that well in the bright lighting.

Purple stems is more genetic but someone will argue that with me I'm sure.

I get purple stems about 1/2 the plants I grow. It's likely more lighting and genetics than anything else. But that's my guess. I've seen more red stems that are under direct lighting more so than not. Even on the same plant. I've also seen plants totally red stemmed top to btm.

Lol ooooops. I never any flipping. From day one they were 12/12. Then 2 weeks ago I took it from 12/12 to 14/12 then in a couple more weeks I was going to change it to 16/12. I was doing my lightning according to actuall daylight hours.

I joined another forum then realized it was for hydroponics lol. So was looking around for another forum and found 420. So far from what i have seen here is there are more soil than hydroponics.

Your lighting schedule is not quite right.

I get the natural lighting thing for sure.

Here's the deal.

12/12 lighting MATURE cannabis plants will begin to flower.

IF they already started flowering and you start increasing light time this causes the plant to stall and stop flowering and she will actually revert back to VEG.
This process is called re-veg.

It's not optimal I toss plants that I see that happening to for whatever reason.

Right now sunlight is about 13+ hours a day where I'm at. I cant put VEG plants outside until the sun is up longer than 14 hours which isnt until mid-late May here where I'm at.

They will re-veg if I put them out now. That and we just had a snow storm yesterday.

I suggest adding longer lighting in VEG. Plants wont mature until they are plus 30 days old so if they are young enough you are still OK adding a longer lighting schedule. I wouldn't taper up just switch to 18/6. If you wanna grow outdoors you can put them out next month or add supplemental lighting. Only need a drop light have it stay on a few hours after sunset is enough.

Your lighting schedule is not quite right.

I get the natural lighting thing for sure.

Here's the deal.

12/12 lighting MATURE cannabis plants will begin to flower.

IF they already started flowering and you start increasing light time this causes the plant to stall and stop flowering and she will actually revert back to VEG.
This process is called re-veg.

It's not optimal I toss plants that I see that happening to for whatever reason.

Right now sunlight is about 13+ hours a day where I'm at. I cant put VEG plants outside until the sun is up longer than 14 hours which isnt until mid-late May here where I'm at.

They will re-veg if I put them out now. That and we just had a snow storm yesterday.

I suggest adding longer lighting in VEG. Plants wont mature until they are plus 30 days old so if they are young enough you are still OK adding a longer lighting schedule. I wouldn't taper up just switch to 18/6. If you wanna grow outdoors you can put them out next month or add supplemental lighting. Only need a drop light have it stay on a few hours after sunset is enough.
She is 3 months old and has been flowering for the past two months. So i better just take her back to 12/12. I want to keep it an inside grow. Maybe that's why the little white hairs look like they are getting shorter.

Back
Top Bottom