I think I'm gonna cry

Spliff Twister

While we did win some local leagalization messures here in California we lost the 2 state legalization efforts in Nevada and Colorado. Damn you deputy drug czar.

The climate of this country is nowhere NEAR what it needs to be to accept legalized marijuana. Canada is closer, but even it's a little behind. Before something like Question 7 or Amendment 44 has a chance, there needs to be a break in the monopoly of public information about pot. There need to be ads - NATIONAL TV ads by organizations like NORML and the MPP to offset all the crap and bs we get from Freevibe, AbovetheInfluence, etc. Most people still drugs as a problem in this country, and as long as they mentally link marijuana with "drugs" in general they will, on the whole, vote down legalizaiton.

Now, if we could get such a measure on the ballot in California/Washington/Oregon, there might be a chance in the near future... much less religious, much more socially liberal than Colorado or even Nevada...

hossua34, I think you are right on the money. I see countless ads aired daily ALUIDING and outrighting claiming without evidence the harms marijauna will cause you. Yet I NEVER see ads from NORML talking about the benefits of medicinal marijuana or marijaua in general.
-PM

NORML and MPP are underfunded and mislead. They don't have the "Get Out On The Streets" mindset. They think that by getting countless bills on a ballot, they will MAYBE get a yes one of these days.

But they hardly do anything to ensure they get that yes.

They need to be on the street passing out flyers, talking to people, airing commercials, giving press releases. They just don't do what it takes.

One Three said:
NORML and MPP are underfunded and mislead. They don't have the "Get Out On The Streets" mindset. They think that by getting countless bills on a ballot, they will MAYBE get a yes one of these days.

But they hardly do anything to ensure they get that yes.

They need to be on the street passing out flyers, talking to people, airing commercials, giving press releases. They just don't do what it takes.

Exactly. I've long thought they are mis-managed. And it's not for lack of money - lots of celebreties and private millionaires donate to them. Maybe if they'd get their heads out of their asses, stop spending so much money on High Times and other bullshit, and start INFORMING, we would get somewhere.

It HAS to be illegal for public networks to deny airtime to an public-interest organization just because they don't like their message (at least I think that's the case if they choose to show any of the opposition's ads).

I kinda think it has a much better possibility of being legalized in the next 15-20 years. just for the fact that the younger generation 15-25ish know marijuana isnt really that bad.the people running the country now grew up during REEFER MADNESS and shit like that. also it wasnt as big a deal in the 50's and early 60's.

I do think that if people were re-educated on the subject it would help a lot. Many people still believe all the government hype, and they teach thier kids the same thing. Maybe when my generation is in control of the gov we will change things. Maybe even go after real criminals.

Hate to say it, but things will never change. There's some in every generation, we'll just have a newer and bigger set of problems.

kmthking420x said:
I kinda think it has a much better possibility of being legalized in the next 15-20 years. just for the fact that the younger generation 15-25ish know marijuana isnt really that bad.the people running the country now grew up during REEFER MADNESS and shit like that. also it wasn't as big a deal in the 50's and early 60's.
i was smokin in the 60's and dreamin of the day it would be legalized. We thought that "just for the fact that the younger generation 15-25ish know marijuana isn't really that bad" in the next generation it would be legalized. Not so. Not yet. And it actually was a big deal back then if you got caught. I wish there was a statistic available about how many eligible/pot smoking voters actually voted. i would bet that many just got stoned and sat around hoping that things turned out ok. But its closer now than it ever has been. Smokers need to unite. Its apathy that defeats us. I know many smokers and few of them voted. But we had no marijuana issues on the ballot here.

Back
Top Bottom