I think I'm officially through with butane lighters.

USMuscle9403

It seems like I can never get any of them to ignite more than a couple times, and after that you're lucky to get it sparked every 10th time trying. Anyone else have this problem? I've been buying them because they're basically wind-resistant, but I'm beginning to wonder if they're worth the trouble...let alone the price. First I purchased a little cheap torch lighter from K-Mart. Very generic, costed about 2 bucks I believe. Well I really liked it for a while, and when I went on vacation, I bought what was SUPPOSED to be a really nice one for about $15.00. Yes I know, kick me for paying that much for a damn lighter. Well it fucked up and I had to return it. The lady said take another one in exchange, a more expensive model Nibo brand lighter that's supposedly one of the best. Yea well one day after having it I can't get it to stay lit for the life of me. I've looked online and tried every suggestion to troubleshoot the problem but to no avail.

Looks like it's back to Bics and K-mart torch lighters for me...

Re: I think I'm officially through with butane lighters...

I had an awesome butane torch lighter I bought while in Europe. I got it in 2001, so torch lighters were fairly new then. It was silver and had my initials graved on it. I paid it 4$CND, worked like a charm. Went to a party and this drunk bitch took it and broke it. She snapped the cap right off. She said she'd buy me a new one. Oh well, fuckin asshole, she never did.

I bought this nice Bic in France in 2002, I've used it since then and it's still at least 2/3 full :allgood:. I only use it to spark joints, lol. So it's only one for a fraction of a second. For bowls and parties, I stick to 1$ lighters, cuz you always loose them. I mean someone will ask you if yo uhave a lit, you lend them your lighter and they just pocket it.

I'm thinking of getting an other butane lighter, but you know once you think that I paid mine 4$cnd, and everywhere else they are selling them for 15$cnd+, I'm always like naaa, I'll pass, lol :laughtwo:

BIC lighters will always be the best
i gave up on butane aswell

!!!!!AJ!!!!! said:
BIC lighters will always be the best

True that... all I use is bics

:icon_cool

I think I mighta posted this pic before, oh well...

Lighters2.jpg

1. 1$ lighter - Modified it so it has a 3inch flame, lol
2. My oh so wonderful official Zinedine Zidane/France 2002 Soccer Team Bic
3. 1$ lighter - I Am Canadian - Molson Beer
4. Firecracker - what's that doing there :hmmmm:
5. My butane lighter - RIP
6. Classic Zippo
7. 1$ lighter - Kinda unique - Fluo and round
8. Matchs
9. Matchs
10. Zippo lighter fluid

Yea, you can never go wrong with BIC lighters. I used to have a nice butane but after 2 years of using it.The electric igniter stopped working.So I traded it for a butterfly knife.

Looks liek there are some pretty decent people here. I go to most stoner boards and they're usually angry, frustrated people...kinda strange for a bunch of stoners.

DaHui, how do you modify your lighter? I typed 'modify bic' and 'modify lighter' in the search box but didn't have much luck :(

You need to get a butane torch like DaHui said. One which is used for smaller scale welding. But if you have a bowl w/ a metal screen it will fry it and if you hold the flame on glass for more than 5 seconds it may crack. (with this lighter you would not need more than 5 sec. of lighting though)

If you have dollar stores around where you are, we have a million over here. They have good Butane lighters not like Zippos that are the thick flame but a skinny strong flame. I was in there just 2 days ago i guess it was and i saw 1 for 1.25 it had a weed leaf on it and wen you opened the top it lit up and when you put the blunt to it the flame turns green. Works well and for a 1.25 Butane lighter (with a pot leaf on it) well you can't go wrong...if you got a dollar store peep it out.

Fat Sack said:
If you have dollar stores around where you are, we have a million over here. They have good Butane lighters not like Zippos that are the thick flame but a skinny strong flame. I was in there just 2 days ago i guess it was and i saw 1 for 1.25 it had a weed leaf on it and wen you opened the top it lit up and when you put the blunt to it the flame turns green. Works well and for a 1.25 Butane lighter (with a pot leaf on it) well you can't go wrong...if you got a dollar store peep it out.

that lighter will die in 2 days
you'll have to refill it after ever 10 lights

ive seen it happen to all those lighters

!!!!!AJ!!!!! said:
that lighter will die in 2 days
you'll have to refill it after ever 10 lights

ive seen it happen to all those lighters

I had that same lighter .... well it was back when i was like 15 .... my dad found it and took it .... it was awesome, youd be smoking like outside at night .... open the top up and boom .... all you see is green ..... luckily it stoped working before my dad took it ..... :laughtwo:

Butane burns your gaunj quicker.

rhythmbandit said:
i like my git r done butane lighter :)

My brother in law had one of those. He threw it out his car window at.... gas station? for some reason.

I like crickets, just cuz i do. I'm more of a disposable lighter guy. heh, maybe why I can't commit to anything! or maybe it has nothing to do with it, maybe I'm just lazy. :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom