Illinois House Scheduled To Vote On Medical Cannabis Bill Tuesday

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
While medical cannabis legislation is looking very unlikely in the new Wisconsin legislative session beginning in January 2011, Illinois medical cannabis activists are reporting that Senate Bill 1381, Medical Cannabis has been put on the calendar for a debate and vote on the full bill Tuesday, Nov. 30th.

The Illinois House had previously adopted several Amendments earlier in November. If the full House passes the bill, it will need to return to the Senate for a vote on the revised bill with the House amendments. However, a Nov. 14 article in The Southern Illinoisan a Carbondale IL media source, "Local legislators say medical marijuana unlikely to be legalized" rated chances of success low.

Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn has said he would sign the legislation if it reaches his desk. The State of Illinois webpage for SB1381 is here. The text of the bill can be found here. For information on how Illinois residents can get involved, go here.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Examiner.com
Author: Gary Storck
Copyright: 2009 Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a Examiner.com
Website: Illinois House scheduled to vote on medical cannabis bill Tuesday - Madison norml | Examiner.com

So basically from what I understand from the link you posted the vote has been postponed? please correct me If I am wrong.thanks

The bill needed 60 votes to pass, when the vote stopped it had several only voting present. With only 55 voting yes. It's a sad day for the suffering.

Back
Top Bottom