I'm looking for a place near the Crescenta Valley area that has more of a health food store vibe than an Apple Store, or prohibition-era vibe

I seem to remember a place on Abbot Kinney that had a very cool sort of health food or herb shop vibe but it's gone. There wasn't a buzzer to push to gain entrance to an antechamber where you would find someone behind bullet-proof glass and a grim looking black-ops guy staring everyone down before finally walking down a dimly lit hallway leading to where the products were sold. That's just not my vibe. I'm also not a huge fan of the "Apple Store" model although it's much better.

I don't want to patronize places where I feel like it's still prohibition and there's a need for a labyrinthian layout designed to give everyone time to escape if the feds show up nor a place that tries to cultivate a pseudo hi-tech sterile "Orville"
vibe.

By health food store I'n not referring to a Whole Foods type thing. Something more along the lines of this would be preferable...

o.jpg

o.jpg

I'm also not the only one looking for a places like this. I've spoken to more than a few folks who are interested in a more "normal" shopping experience than is currently the trend.

I am guessing that the apothecary you posted pictures of does not need to follow government-mandated security procedures - and that those types of establishments are far less likely to be the scene of an armed robbery.

If I owned both a jewelery store and a fruit market, lol, I know which of the two businesses would be more secure.

Good luck in finding what you seek, though. And, by the way, congratulations; that place in Vancouver looks much better equipped/stocked than the comparable(+/-) business in my town.

that place in Vancouver looks much better equipped/stocked than the comparable(+/-) business in my town.

It’s well stocked but the prices are really only for yuppies and... whatever you call yuppies when they hatch out into the fully mature stage. Anything in there can be got for 1/3 the price online.
Pretty sure this has nothing to do with the question since I’ve never heard of Crescenta Valley...

I am guessing that the apothecary you posted pictures of does not need to follow government-mandated security procedures - and that those types of establishments are far less likely to be the scene of an armed robbery.

If I owned both a jewelery store and a fruit market, lol, I know which of the two businesses would be more secure.

Good luck in finding what you seek, though. And, by the way, congratulations; that place in Vancouver looks much better equipped/stocked than the comparable(+/-) business in my town.

The Farmacy in Abbot Kinney managed to cultivate and maintain such an atmosphere but it was shut down before prohibition ended. It has been and can be done. That's all I'm looking for.

It’s well stocked but the prices are really only for yuppies and... whatever you call yuppies when they hatch out into the fully mature stage. Anything in there can be got for 1/3 the price online.
Pretty sure this has nothing to do with the question since I’ve never heard of Crescenta Valley...

The prices at The Farmacy were a bit more than some places but not by enough to be put off and I'm very frugal. I also like to support locally owned brick and mortar when I can. The Crescenta Valley is located between the San Gabriel Mountains and the Verdugo Mountains in California.

I was referring to the place in the photo. Now I know where Crescenta Valley is- thanks. I’ve whizzed past it on the I5 a few times I guess.
I would think there’d be demand for classy weed boutiques in your general area but I suppose as mentioned that it’s the high crime rates and paranoia that are ruining the atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom