Improve Oregon's Medical Marijuana Law!

Cozmo

From NORML.ORG:

Improve Oregon's Medical Marijuana Law!

Dear NORML Supporter:

NORML is pleased to announce that Senate Bill 767, an act to develop a state-authorized medicinal cannabis dispensary pilot project, has been introduced in the state legislature. If approved, this measure will direct the Department of Human Services to establish regulations for the state-sponsored cultivation and distribution of cannabis to authorized patients. (Read the full text of the bill here: Relating to medical marijuana dispensary program pilot project..)

According to the Oregon Department of Health website, an estimated 13,000 Oregonians are using marijuana medically in compliance with state law. Currently, all of these patients must either grow their own marijuana, or more often, acquire their medicine on the black market. These latter patients are left without a reliable supply of marijuana, and must constantly purchase medicine of unknown quality and purity. Passage of SB 767 would remedy this situation by providing patients reliable access to state-authorized cannabis of acceptable quality and purity.

Please take two minutes of your time today to contact your Senator and urge them to address the needs of Oregon patients. For your convenience, a pre-written letter is available below and here: NORML -- Urge Your Legislators To Improve Oregon's Medical Marijuana Law. (For more information about this bill, please visit: Oregon NORML | National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws.)

Sincerely,
Erin Dame
NORML Outreach Coordinator
Erin@norml.org

Dear Senator _________,

I'm writing today to urge your support for Senate Bill 767, an act to develop a state authorized medicinal cannabis dispensary pilot project.

If approved, this measure will direct the Department of Human Services to establish regulations for the state-sponsored cultivation and distribution of cannabis to authorized patients. At the same time, this proposal will not alter or interfere with existing state laws discouraging the non-medical, recreational use of marijuana.

According to the Oregon Department of Health website, an estimated 13,000 Oregonians are using marijuana medically in compliance with state law. Currently, all of these patients must either grow their own marijuana, or more often, acquire their medicine on the black market. These latter patients are left without a reliable supply of marijuana, and must constantly purchase medicine of unknown quality and purity. Passage of SB 767 would remedy this situation by providing patients reliable access to state-authorized cannabis of acceptable quality and purity.

Once again, I urge your support for SB 767.

Sincerely,
YOUR NAME

NORML and the NORML Foundation: 1600 K Street NW, Suite 501, Washington DC, 20006-2832
Tel: (202) 483-5500 - Fax: (202) 483-0057 - Email: norml@norml.org

Wow.. brilliant! What a proactive pilot program.. I do hope it passes.. oh my, what a slap in the FED's face!

This is the WOW factor! ..for patients and pot politics alike.

:cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom