In the Army

TheOldGuy

I enlisted today. I couldn't get journalism because my medical record shows that I smoked herb "for a while." They don't allow a security clearance for secrets if you've used marijuana more than 5 times in the past 7 years.

Instead, I chose Field Artillery. I'm going to get to blow shit up from miles away.

I leave in 13 days.

I'm getting a $10,000 bonus, $66,000 for college + the GI Bill will give me $30,000 more if I run out.

I will be gone for 4 years, coming home only 2 weeks a year for Christmas.

PS: Upon swearing in, I accidentally said "So help me God" thus proving that simply "choosing not to say it" doesn't work, even for an atheist like myself.

TOG, make sure you get that signing bonus. they like to try and screw you out of it. they said they were giving me a 20,000 signing bonus, and they renigged on it. best of luck to you man. thanks for serving our country, hope you dont have to go to a bullshit war.

and they werent going to let me in when i told them i WOULDNT say that. they basically made me say it. it took them about a hour to convence me into saying it.

Good luck TOG, and remember the protocol, If you find a pot crop stuff ur pockets and burn it!

Good luck man just make sure what you signed up for you get, stay persistant. My bestfriend went in the Navy 4 yrs ago and is now out and never saw her $5000 sign on bonus. Plus for the first 2 yrs never came home at Christmas and she was only in Virgina. They have the higher senority goes home for Christmas.
Not to bust your bubble or anything just stay on your toes and get what you want.

I know a kid who went to Iraq, he was fuckn in Fullujah for awhile too...or however its spelled. Hes like 22 and hes mint as hell. You can find hash and shit all over, he said just ask all the young arab kids around. He said him and his roomate got high everyday they were in Iraq and there sergent didnt care. Best of luck to you Old Guy, be safe.

6*0*4 said:
I hope you get killed by terrorists.

I'm a pretty mellow guy for an old man, but I think 6*0*4 has gone too far. TOG I wish you the best of luck and thank you for serving your country.

tommysmokes said:
I'm a pretty mellow guy for an old man, but I think 6*0*4 has gone too far. TOG I wish you the best of luck and thank you for serving your country.

It's been taken care of bro
TOG, we got your back Slayer

Besta luck my man. Do you know what base you'll be located at? You just going in the regular army? Nothing like the navy seals or USMC stuff? Going from wanting to be in journalism and choosin artillery, hehe, not really the same thing, but it's ok, take care

KingKronic said:
I know a kid who went to Iraq, he was fuckn in Fullujah for awhile too...or however its spelled. Hes like 22 and hes mint as hell. You can find hash and shit all over, he said just ask all the young arab kids around. He said him and his roomate got high everyday they were in Iraq and there sergent didnt care. Best of luck to you Old Guy, be safe.

Aren't they only sending USMC to Iraq?

man....I read that post and thought it said "hope you KILL the terrorists"

Geez, I think I need to smoke a little more....;)

Booooo Sooners! (I consider everything in Oklahoma Sooner-related)

But seriously, good luck and stay safe! Slayer Peace

DaHui said:
Aren't they only sending USMC to Iraq?
No, the Marine Corps is not made for long drawn out operations like the war in Iraq. Marines are still there and will prolly be there until the war is over but for the most part the Army are the ones who are there.

Well at least blowing shit up will be interesting...
Good lucky to you man, stay safe...

Arty is the safest place unless the ememy has air support then it sux cuz ur a big ass bullseye. Good pick for this war though. Once u learn to be a cannon cocker u should cross train and learn another MOS

Back
Top Bottom