Increasing root zone temp in drip DTW?

Sangmang

My ambient temps hang a little above 70f. My coco temp stays around 60f. It feels cold to the touch. I haven't started the drip system yet so hopefully I can keep the reservoir warmer but then I'm afraid of temp swings at the root zone.

Is there a way to keep my medium warmer in a DTW drip setup?
20210116_165344_HDR.jpg

My ambient temps hang a little above 70f. My coco temp stays around 60f. It feels cold to the touch. I haven't started the drip system yet so hopefully I can keep the reservoir warmer but then I'm afraid of temp swings at the root zone.

Is there a way to keep my medium warmer in a DTW drip setup?
20210116_165344_HDR.jpg
A seedling mat with a stat control underneath will keep your reservoir warm.

If your on cement floor say in the lower level you can insulate the floor.

I dont run DTW but I do run a btm automated watering system with a 100gal reservoir and I'm on cement on the lower level in my home.

I keep the room temps at 70F with air handling. The res tank adsorbs room temp and the water stays at that same temp. I have the res up off the floor like you have your pots on a stand not directly on the floor.

Feel your floor with your hand its likely coolish to the touch and why your temps are lower there. Transfer of energy. The lower temp soil will slow your growth down some so its beneficial to keep things warmer that cooler.

My flower temp my plants are on the floor - its in a tent with reflective floor and the lamps heat reflects off the floor keeping the pots at room temps. My VEG plants I have them on a platform like you have but mainly so I don't have to bend over to work.

I'm actually on the first floor and my tent is on a table(so I don't have to bend). The reservoir will be under the table. I might just have to raise my ambient temps I guess. Maybe I could put reflectors around the pots to get some heat from the lights? I think the coco temp will raise once I can turn the lights up more but id like some strong root growth right now so i can multifeed sooner
20210117_153858_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom