Indoor Coco grower - Need a change from Canna nutes - Any suggestions?

Dobbi

Hi, I'm at this a year. I've learnt a lot and have harvested a couple of plants, my first was a disaster... - all Autoflowers , apart from the bagseed that has presently taken over my tent. I'm staying with photos now. One of the things i've learnt and observed is that Canna Coco A&B are rather high in Nitrogen, and a bit low in P. I notice this when the auto begins to flower she goes from a lovely medium green to a dark green, I get purple stems and red peteioles (sp?)
In my current grow, a bagseed (did i ever get lucky for once!) , that is by far the best thing i have ever grown (I put this down to understanding ppm/ ec after a year, and feeding much lower nutrients than the canna chart reccomends.)
Now i'm nearly out of most of my canna products , Im wondering if I should try the Lucas formula. I also had a look on the AN site (I use Rhino Skin) but my head just boggled. AN are pretty expensive too. I saw some-one else having the same problem online, they changed to Hesi, but I don't live in the US or UK, and i'd have to have Hesi delivered.
Anyone having the same probs in coco / LED, with Canna? Nit toxicity in early flower?
Heres me 'buddy' , I got about 10 seeds from the oz (it was Kush, allegedly), germed them all as I kept putting off going shopping for seeds 3 hours away, and as im in a 2ft by 2ft tent I had to dispose of the rest.
Bout 3 weeks to go, but I wanna get started germing seeds Mon, and might buy new nutes while i'm there.
Cheers for any imput, ppls :)
Meet Buddy, it's going to kill me to chop her down!
420-magazine-mobile1073861946.jpg

3 weeks to go.. still looking green, you're gonna want that plant to start using up its on board food, fan leaves should be yellowing by now if you're only 3 weeks away

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420

Hi , thanks for the reply! I did a fair bit of defoliation so don't have very many fan leaves left, but I get what you are saying. I'm 8 weeks on 12/12 on Monday, and it took a week for preflowers to show after the switch. I am prepared to wait it out, I only started getting orange hairs in the last week. It could require a longer flowering time, I don't mind waiting for better bud! Obv no idea of strain so nothing to compare to.
I want to get started again, in my other 'mini tent' .
Im still undecided of what photoperiod strain to go for also. I wouldn't take a gamble with bagseed again, not as my main plant.
My plant atm has stopped stinking of diesel, and is now more pine-citrus smelling.
Thanks again , and Happy New Year Bigbri!

Hi, yeah, just checked out CYCO, impressive all right. Unfortunately I am not anywhere near OZ, not even same hemisphere. And they are not stocked in my country at all. The 'ProKit' is a sexeh lookin beast!
Thanks for your reply, all the same Redmud. I want to have my mind made up Monday going into the shop- cos they'll just try selling me the top profit product. I dunno if i'm para, but I think it's cos I'm female, they will try sell me into a Range- like Dutch Pro or AN Advanced for a complete newbie when it's expensive, requires lots of 'add ons' , and is not really suitable for someone who is only learning.
After the Dutch Pro disaster, I tried canna, but its not exactly cheap, from what I can see I can get good results from GH micro & bloom, i'd prolly still need to supplement my RO water with cal mag, being in coco. Saw a 400 HPS kit today for 100e. Sorely tempted to buy it and a bigger tent . I'd like more room to play about with as well as new nutrients.

If GH products are available to you, I would suggest MaxiBloom - 7 grams per gallon is the basic lucas formula, and it's very cheap. Also, if you want to spend more money for no reason - FloraNova Bloom at 8 ml per gallon and of course the 6/9 FloraMicro and Bloom combo are both the lucas formula. I've been using just MaxiBloom with tap water for years with great results. If you use r/o you will need cal/mag. I don't know the cost in your area, but where I am, MaxiBloom only costs $0.11 per gallon.

Cheers - i can get Maxibloom at 15 yoyos for 2.2lbs. (plus 30 shipping-damn ebay/amazon!) All other GHE products are all available to me at good prices as well in the grow shop.- 14e per litre of micro & bloom shipped or collected.. Appreciate that, I had heard of the Maxibloom method but didn't bother checking on Amazon as they will not send me Any Liquids or 'dangerous items' like batteries :) I can kind of guess why my grow shop dosen't stock it. No money in it.
It seems a lot of people are using Lucas Formula, and if it's been proven to work, I don't want to waste my money and time on products that I don't really need. I would have said I 'needed' Cannazym, but me bottle ran out over a month ago yet me plant still thrives.
Cheers for the info- Maxibloom it is i think. I can put the cash I save towards the other stuff i 'want'. I'm sick of the 'bottle collection' gathering dust. I can get it a bit cheaper still from Spain. Can't wait to move there in 2017!
GrowBro- I had a look for those powders, but couldn't find them on amazon or ebay? Thanks. :)

Cheers GroBro, I forgot it's a Bank Holiday here so couldn't get out shopping. and the vet hospital is 1st on my list of priorities unfortunately, my cat had a stroke/ seizure/ event the other day,(i think she got a shock from the christmas tree lights, but it could have been anything) she deffo used up one of her 9 lives so i'm not comfortable leaving her alone till she gets checked out. Tomorrow the vet, might have 3 spare hours between drop off & collection of kitty to commute to the city & pick up a few seeds and the GH micro & bloom. I found H3ads Lucas Formula for coco coir on youtube.
Would added micro herd bacterii be any use in such a setup do you know? GH non-organic in Coir Or do they only thrive in a more organically treated medium?
Happy , healthy and productive and prosperous new year all.

Back
Top Bottom