Indoor plants benefit from sunshine?

ElusiveQuark

Is it beneficial to take your indoor grown plants outside on occasion, weather permitting? Will the sudden change cause stress? Is ignorance bliss and keep them confined?

I am considering implementing a stroll outdoors as part of my plants' regiment and wondered if there may be ill effects. Thanks for your input.

Is it beneficial to take your indoor grown plants outside on occasion, weather permitting? Will the sudden change cause stress? Is ignorance bliss and keep them confined?

I am considering implementing a stroll outdoors as part of my plants' regiment and wondered if there may be ill effects. Thanks for your input.

None that I know of, the only danger of being outside is of mold/disease and pests, but the sun, they will enjoy. Question. do you have a south facing window?

I agree, I would be most worried about pests. If spider mites hitch a ride back inside they'll reproduce very quickly without the harsh outdoor environment and predators to keep them in check. For me, the potential costs would outweigh the benefits.

:Namaste:

Thank you two for your input. The window idea makes most sense.

I'm making an assumption that you're on the North American Continent-

It only makes sense if it a SOUTH Facing window where it will get the most DIRECT sunlight for the better part of the day. You will still need to supplement that light for the first, middle, and last of the day however if you're in veg. If you're in bloom, the sunlight bath MUST be within your lights on photoperiod, then back to total darkness once your time ends. We humans tend to stay up after the sun goes down since the advent of artificial light, and that can confuse the flowering plant! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Very good question, though.

Jandre2k3-

Yes on your assumption. I would supplement during lights on veg phase just for an hour or two. I placed one plant outside yesterday for an hour and she clearly had more growth than her sister plants.

Thank you for your response.

Back
Top Bottom