indoor plants partial outdoor sun

k9guyvabch

- What, if any, are the drawbacks/positives to moving plants from indoors to outdoors and back.
I currently have my plants on flowering schedule. At about 10 a.m. I take my plants out of their grow tent and put them outdoors in full sun until about 4 or 5 and then move them back into their grow tent where I have them under a 1200 watt full spectrum LED light. Indoor temp ranges from 64 at night and around 71-74 during the day in the tent. Outdoor temps are reaching as high 97. Obviously the goal is to get as much out of them as I can. the tent is a 5X3 1/2 tent.

# of plants: 8 in flower. 11 in Veg
Strain: Unknown
Light source:
Inside Flower stage is 1200 watt Full spectrum LED light
Inside Veg stage is 1200 LED Light
Temp range: 64@ night tent 74 tent day (flower)
AVG indoor VEG is 74 on a 18/6 sched
Nutrients: VEG- Fox Farm(FF) Big Bloom, FF Tiger Bloom Grow Big (about half recommended dose) When I use full recommended feeding plants tend to burn and require flush. Lost three plants so far
Soil: Black Gold Soil Five Gallon black plastic flower pots
Jungle Growth Flower and vegetable

Any suggestions on the best soil to use?
Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Negatives: Bringing in bugs from outdoors, heat stress at 97F, hurting your back hauling pots.
Positives: Save on about seven kilowatt hours of electricity every day, maybe the plants get more total light(?), and you get a workout hauling the pots.

If you have the time and inclination, don't mind the bug and back risk, the plants can deal with the high temps, and your want to save a dollar a day in electricity, then why not?

Back
Top Bottom