Inline Fan - Carbon Filter Setup Help

jerz93

Hey guys so I just got my new grow tent package...Im having difficulty connecting the fan to the filter..The filters size seems to be slightly big for the clamp to lock it onto the fan...Also having issues on hanging the fan...Any thoughts? I have the filter hanging in the top right corner..

Any help is appreciated! This is my first grow so I'm still trying to figure things out! :thumb:
IMG_037835.JPG
IMG_037734.JPG

The filter is made to use ducting between it and the fan, not to clamp directly onto the fan. If you have room use a short run of ducting, if not, duct tape.

I know this is a little late, but what type of clamp were you trying to use? I am in the same setup dilemma and I was planning to order a Noise Reduction Collar to connect the inline fan to the carbon filter. Attached is a link to the item, although it's cheaper on Amazon. I welcome any thoughts as this seems to be a cleaner setup. Thanks!

6" Noice Reduction 405106 : HydroGalaxy.com

We find that size blower overwhelms that filter. The filter gets about 95% of the odor which still leaves too much for our circumstances. We routinely cut a circle hole in one filter and silicon glue another in series giving twice the surface area and half the volume of air moving through that surface. Coupled with running the blower on low-med, the discharge is almost odorless (99.99%+) even when you put your nose up to it.

And yes, you can buy flexible ducting at your hardware store that will couple the two (sleeve over both ends) using clamps or tape.

Back
Top Bottom