Is a 300 watt LED enough light for my grow box?

BigRawPun

Hello everyone. I'm growing for the first time and I plan on getting 100x100x200cm grow box. Now I saw leds (300w) which is supposed to be pretty good, I also saw G8LED but idk which would be the best. My question is this: they say that 300 for example is replacing 400w MH/HPS, so is 1 of those really going to help me grow in that box that I want and with no worries of not enough light and such?

I have a 60x60x120 tent and a 300w mars hydro LED, i have yet to set up and use but i was looking for a similar answer to the one you are seeking. Let us know how it works out.

I have a 60x60x120 tent and a 300w mars hydro LED, i have yet to set up and use but i was looking for a similar answer to the one you are seeking. Let us know how it works out.

You want to shoot for 50 true watts per square foot as a starting point. Are your measurements in cm or inches?

That is in CM Juan, so 60x60cm or 2"x2" ft. I will have 4 square foot so if i am right in saying, the 300w hydro LED (3w x100) will be ideal for my setup?

No Janet, because the 300 watt Mars Hydro is only around 135 ACTUAL watts which equates to roughly 34 watts per square foot. Pick up another 300 watt Mars Hydro unit and you will be rocking and rolling!

Is this still applicable if only growing one plant?

Recommendations for wattage per square foot are regardless of the number of plants you grow. You can grow one plant with the light you have and decide if the yield and density are to your liking. If not order another light. If I am not mistaken they are only $63 on the big auction site for the old style Mars Hydro light.

Recommendations for wattage per square foot are regardless of the number of plants you grow. You can grow one plant with the light you have and decide if the yield and density are to your liking. If not order another light. If I am not mistaken they are only $63 on the big auction site for the old style Mars Hydro light.

I am thinking about getting the marshydro 600w light and just swap the marshydro 300w out when its time to go into the photoperiod for flowering? I could also get another tent and have one vegging while the other tent could be used for flowering?

Also Juan, would there be a noticeable difference if i flower with the 300w led as opposed to the 600w?

I personally prefer to have two 300 watt lights versus one 600 watt light for a reason. You have multiple point sources of light meaning you can spread them out and light different areas of the plants from different angles versus one point source that will illuminate from one angle. This configuration also gives you flexibility. I am not sure exactly what you are asking but if it's 300 watt for flower versus 600 watt for flower, I would expect an increase in density and yield with more light in the tent, although I would expect the best results from two 300 watt panels versus one 600 watt panel.

I'm the proud owner of two G8LED 600w duel spectrum lights and love them. On average they keep my grow tent about +5°f warmer than room outside and haven't made much of a difference on my electric bill. Super efficient!!! I also keep my lights about 12" above during flower (recommend 18"-24") and I haven't had any light/heat burn on either of my grows. I would recommend the red UFO if you're looking for a denser bud....but they run around $200

Back
Top Bottom