Is it safe to order a hps light online

jimmynorton

I would like to buy a hps light online and put it on my credit card the company is in the same state as me. is this a safe thing to do or would it flag certain people ??

Do not put anything on credit card. I am going to recommend a book that you should read, it can be found as a pdf file online for free and legal. Todd McCormick : How to grow medical marijuana. It's a very good read, I have read it through 3 times and plan on reading it again.

Quick answer:It is best to go to your local hydroponic/flowering store and purchase the lights in person and pay with cash up front. If they ask you to sign make your signature ineligible (doctors signature). This prevents any traces from being left behind in the case that you do a little more than grow for yourself.

I don't think its that big of a deal anymore. I've bought lights off of ebay and never had a problem. Now if you ordered 10 of them or so it might make people alittle suspicious. But with some many states legal now its not that big of a deal.

i never thought growing would be so research intensive. theres so many things you have to read about.

It's the difference between growing a plant and growing lots of really fine buds.

If you feel the need to use a credit card - say you don't live within two or three hours of a hydroponics store - why not pick up a prepaid one?

I would like to buy a hps light online and put it on my credit card the company is in the same state as me. is this a safe thing to do or would it flag certain people ??

I didnt have to buy my first MH light. I had it from my fish (aquairum) keeping days. I did buy another but I would not really worry. I think they have bigger fish to fry (too get money from). Unless you buy like 50 of them, then all bets are off.

I remember Operation Green Merchant. I know that things have changed since then, but it still pays to be careful and use common sense when collecting your supplies (and with every other aspect of growing).

Again, in that book I mentioned it gives you very good examples of what to say when buying equipment... If they ask you what your growing just tell them premium lettuce. In states that have not legalized cannabis it is very important that you do not leave a digital signature. The DEA's field of work is downsizing so that means more concentration on the states that have not legalized cannabis. I have heard of stories where the DEA has contacted hydroponic shops and were given the information to all sales that were made, did there investigation and if any lined up with someone who was a previous felon or if there was any type of suspicion they would have a warrant to search your house.

I can't explain on how much I urge everyone to read this book, it will help you keep you safe, give better buds, and a very great method to where your harvesting your crop every 4 weeks!!

The 1 and only hydo store in my area only takes cash. Wierd ha, ok with me and i still look around like agent 99 get smart. Dont visit too often. I would rather buy online.

If getting a light online is so much of a problem why not try cfls they are easy to get and low key as well as cheap and they take credit cards if not they have good lights there

When you order online don't have it shipped to where your growing, call me crazy but I am just paranoid. I am use to mass growing and doing everything by the book. I guess thats why I have never been in trouble with the law even though I've done stuff that could put me away for life. Its always good to have your own rules and follow them. Things seem to just go better.

lol 3 years ago I bought a 1k hps of a site called www.propertyroom.com and paid for it with a cc. This site sells stuff confiscated from police raids back to the public. if your not a commercial seller and live in a state that has medical mj laws then I wouldn't worry about buying a light with a cc online one bit. but that's me and I'm too old to be paranoid anymore. If they want to come get me for a personal grow of 6 plants then let them come.lol

if ordering online, why not use one of our trusted sponsors? They keep the wheels oiled and help keep this a free site for everyone.
420 Magazine - Sponsors

With the plethora of knowledge here, why even think about going anywhere else. It would take a long time to read everything on the site, and the knowledge our growers provide is bar none.

Peace and 420 :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom