0531141456g.jpg
0531141456d.jpg
0531141456.jpg
0531141455a.jpg
0531141456c.jpg
0531141456a.jpg
0531141455.jpg
:thanks:

Harvesting your weed based on trichomes is probably the easiest way for most growers to harvest as close to peak harvest as possible.

The difficulty in the method comes with how to determine the state of the trichomes and what each state means.
If you have the equipment needed it is very easy and with experience it gets even easier.

To explain how to harvest by trichomes properly I will go into detail as to how to determine when trichomes are at their peak and which substances these trichomes contain, which are desirable and which are not.

The first thing you need to know is that there are 3 "states" in a trichomes development.

The first state is clear.
Clear trichomes contain precursor cannabinoids (cannabinoids are the different substances in cannabis).
These precursor cannabinoids are not psychoactive (they do not produce a 'high') yet and harvesting clear trichomes will not give you a proper harvest.

The second state is cloudy/milky.
Cloudy trichomes contain fully realized THC (the by far main contributing substance in any cannabis high).
You want to get as close to 100% cloudy trichomes @ harvest to get the most potency out of your plant. It's impossible to get 100% cloudy trichomes, since trichomes are always being produced and are always maturing, even after harvest the trichomes will continue to develop.

The third state is amber.
Amber trichomes contain degraded THC --> CBN. CBN represents a loss of 90% potency (from THC).
CBN is not desirable in any harvest, since it not only represents a huge loss of potency but research into the substance has also shown that CBN does not produce a high like THC does, CBN produces a more sickly feeling not a true high.

Understanding the difference between clear - cloudy - amber trichomes is essential in getting a proper harvest with a peak potency.

I cannot remember where I copied this from, but props to whom ever wrote it. I have had it in word form on my computer for awhile now.

You will need a 30x jewellers loop in order to isee the trichomes. You should flush 10-14 days before harvesting.

I have that 420Scope
Trichomes are mostly milky and some amber
unknown bag seed but smells just like Jack
im on week 9 should i flush now to harvest at week 11
Its either i flush today or 6days from today on my next
day off my schedule is kinda messd up
only have tine to feed before i leave and lights are off
by the time i get home

Back
Top Bottom