Is something wrong with my cannabis seedlings?

Framat

420 Member
Strain: fat banana auto (rqs)
Plants: 2
They seem to have some sort of “burn” on the fresh part of the first true leaves and some white residue, is it mold? The “burns” problem is very recent, i noticed it yesterday, the white spots have been there most of the growth, i had tried using H2O2 and a fungicide before but they didnt do anything. Its my first time growing and im doing it outdoor on my terrace, i bring them outside during the day (mediterranean climate) and keep them inside when its too cold at night/during rain, I think i overwatered them a bit in the last days so now I’ll be waiting some time before watering the soil; any help?

First seedling (you can see marks on the inner side of the first true leaves):

IMG_0663.jpeg

Second seedling:

IMG_0664.jpeg

Close up of the 1st:

IMG_0661.jpeg

Close up of the 2nd one:
IMG_0660.jpeg

Close up on the white stuff:

IMG_0662.jpeg

The thing is i have had a problem with mold, there was a third seedling… I made the seed sprout in the soil, covering everything up to keep the humidity high and they did, in fact, sprout in less than 3 days. The thing is, there was a lil bit of what seemed to be mold on the surface, i just removed it and all seemed to have gone fine. During the next days i kept misting water on top with a spray bottle but i may have exaggerated, the third seedling (which was in a smaller pot than the other two and with very very small drain holes) stopped growing and began looking dark green, after a few days it damped off and i found a shit ton of white mold inside the vase, then I checked the other two ( the ones in the post) to see if there was mold inside the pots and one of the two (the one with the burn marks) had it, it was just a very little chunk but i still removed most of the soil ( without damaging or stressing the seedling) and placed it in a much better pot. I have not watered them anymore as im waiting to be sure that the soil is perfectly dry but now this “mold trauma” is keeping me awake at night thinking I may also lose these two here because of it…

During the next days i kept misting water on top with a spray bottle but i may have exaggerated,
Stop misting. Instead pour small amounts of water onto the soil surface itself. Pour several inches away from the stem and work all the way to the edge. Do this when the soil is getting dry and not just because you think it is on a schedule. Two things will happen.

The first is that you are keeping the leaf surface damp when you kept misting. That creates a good micro-environment for the mildews to grow on the leaves. The second is that by controlling where the water is in the soil it encourages the roots to grow out and away which helps to build a strong and healthy root system

after a few days it damped off and i found a shit ton of white mold inside the vase, then I checked the other two ( the ones in the post) to see if there was mold inside the pots and one of the two (the one with the burn marks) had it, it was just a very little chunk but i still removed most of the soil ( without damaging or stressing the seedling) and placed it in a much better pot.
Highly unlikely that you will see any molds in the soil. There is a good chance though that you might be seeing is mycelium which is the root system of naturally occurring fungus and mushrooms. These mycelium are part of the natural system of breaking down the organic materials found in a decent soil and let many of the nutrients become available to the plants.

Just because it is fuzzy and looks like a mold does not mean that it is bad for the soil or plant or people.

but now this “mold trauma” is keeping me awake at night thinking I may also lose these two here because of it…
I know the feeling. Stop worrying and you will sleep better and feel better when you wake up. Staying up half the night think about something that we probably do not have any control over does no good. Next time you wake up worrying about whether your plants will live or die the best thing is to read a book, magazine or newspaper article about gardening---lot more productive than laying there doing nothing.

Let the plants grow for another couple of days and see what they look like then.

Oh, forgot to mention that Keith is on the right track. At this point they do look fine with the details you have mentioned.
Ok… i really needed that, thank you so much! I have to admit that I don’t have that much experience even with growing plants in general, i just used to hang around with my mum when i was little while she took care of the garden and the other plants in the house. I’m open to learn and i feel that i really need to take a grasp on what I’m doing here in order not to fuck it up this early

Back
Top Bottom