Is this powdery mold or something else?

Makeminefullgrown

Hello, I have 3 clones growing in week 5–6 of flower. I usually keep the humidity down below 50% at this stage, although it may have spiked a touch but nothing crazy and not for long.
My space is a 2’x6’ closet w/ a 4” exhaust fan and several passive Intake holes. Also have 2 small fans running 24/7, one at the top of the canopy and one below. The exhaust also runs 24/7.
I have been letting it get cooler at night and maybe that makes it more conducive to problems.
I’ve never had any mold problems, so I’m not sure what I’m looking at.
I will say that when I tried to rub it off with my finger, it didn’t want to rub off. I had to scratch it off with my mail.
It’s the only leaf that has it. I’m hoping it doesn’t turn into a big problem, with only 30 days or so left in the grow.
If it is PM, what should I do.?
Thanks everyone…..I really appreciate the help
IMG_7609.jpeg
IMG_7608.jpeg
IMG_7582.jpeg

I’ve never had any mold problems, so I’m not sure what I’m looking at.
I will say that when I tried to rub it off with my finger, it didn’t want to rub off. I had to scratch it off with my mail.
Molds and mildews are different but it was probably Powdery Mildew. I believe that the Mildew will wipe or rub off easier using a damp cloth or paper towel

Watch all the plants to see if it comes back. and take a photo while the leaf is still attached to the plant if you can. Better yet, buy or mix up something that will kill it. Spray and spray some more. The stuff is kinda like Spider Mites and if the least little bit is missed it will start coming back when least expected.

Found this while poking around with a google search:
Mold tends to have a higher profile and can even become fuzzy, while mildew is usually flat. Mold exhibits darker colors such as deep green and black; mildew may begin as white, then turn brown or gray.

I do not think it's powdery the pattern is completely different mildew is small circles of fluff. It looks like something else. Looks like dried nutrient solution or diatomaceous earth dried up.
Thing is that it will be really hard to tell what it was since he scratched it off with his fingernail.

We could be looking at the damage done to the leaf surface by the mildew or mold. Or, damage done to the leaf after being scraped.

Thing is that it will be really hard to tell what it was since he scratched it off with his fingernail.

We could be looking at the damage done to the leaf surface by the mildew or mold. Or, damage done to the leaf after being scraped.
The pic is before I tried to rub it off. When I did scratch it off with my nail, it looked like and had the consistency of salt. I’m wondering if I dripped sweat on it.

The pic is before I tried to rub it off. When I did scratch it off with my nail, it looked like and had the consistency of salt. I’m wondering if I dripped sweat on it.
Big drop of sweat;).

If this shows up again take a photo while the leaf is still on the plant. Do not try to wipe or scrape it off first. That way will help figure out whether it is a mold of some kind or Powdery Mildew.

Big drop of sweat;).

If this shows up again take a photo while the leaf is still on the plant. Do not try to wipe or scrape it off first. That way will help figure out whether it is a mold of some kind or Powdery Mildew.
Will do….thanks for the help.
I’ve dialed my humidity down into the low 40’s……and cranked the fans up a notch. The tops on all 3 plants are swaying in the breeze. That’s all I can do, I guess.
Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom