Bud Rot Or Mold Or Something Else?

GrowMedicine

Hi everyone, its been awhile since I posted here but I was wondering if the pros could lend me some guidance on the following issue,

I harvested 4 Candy Cane (CKS) plants today and noticed that there were a bunch of light brown balls (mostly hollow) on the bottom of the buds and internally there was a bunch also. I have attached some pictures so that you can see what I am referring to. Do you think this is bud rot or mold, that I suspect it is?

It does not seem that bad as the rest of the bud (even the big nugs) are nice and green and no mold is observed (at least not to me). If it is the beginning of bud rot, is it safe to smoke and or can it be used for oil without to much concern?

If anyone with hands on experience with this issue could chime in I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
GM

Attachments

• IMG-1105.JPG
    IMG-1105.JPG
    366.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG-1106.JPG
    IMG-1106.JPG
    386.3 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG-1107.JPG
    IMG-1107.JPG
    504.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG-1108.JPG
    IMG-1108.JPG
    458.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG-1109.JPG
    IMG-1109.JPG
    483.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG-1111.JPG
    IMG-1111.JPG
    451.8 KB · Views: 148
I don’t think it’s mold. But I have been wrong before
I hope you are correct, I have never seen this before and it just looks weird to me as the buds I am use too never have brown little balls inside....if it was just the ones on the outside a the bottom of the bud that would not concern me as much...thanks for reply!

These four Candies yielded very well but may now end up in the trash :confused:!

GM

Attachments

• IMG-1101.JPG
    IMG-1101.JPG
    349.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG-1102.JPG
    IMG-1102.JPG
    394.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG-1103.JPG
    IMG-1103.JPG
    390 KB · Views: 119
I hope you are correct, I have never seen this before and it just looks weird to me as the buds I am use too never have brown little balls inside....if it was just the ones on the outside a the bottom of the bud that would not concern me as much...thanks for reply!

These four Candies yielded very well but may now end up in the trash :confused:!

GM
Looks like nodes that have matured to me. I know this much if it is bud rot it spreads very quickly. That can be a sign of what to do mold and rot will spread very fast. Looking at the pictures only the nodes seem to be affected. That tells me that it’s not mold or rot. Just my two cents

Back
Top Bottom