Issues with SSH plant in soil

When I needed to flush I would time it for a regular water day (without nutes) and except for all the water going down the drain, treat it as just another watering.
For soil nutes, everyone is talking about the new MegaCrop.... it is a new technology that seems to be excellent and lots of us are getting wonderful results from it. In soil, you don't even have to worry about pH adjusting or using anything other than tap water... the chlorine will not hurt it at all.
In a good soil, your plants would not need or ask for nutes until clear into week 5 of veg... but that doesn't mean you can't use fertilizers (nutes) as they were first intended to be used... to supercharge your grow to be much more than it could be on just soil. CHeck out Megacrop, and send off for your free sample that should easily get you through your first grow.
I watered them all last night with 6.6PH water. If i switch to the new schedule you suggest, my next watering will be nutes & then watering again. Should i flush it my next watering and avoid giving it nutes to deal with the salt lock out or continue the schedule?

I'm def. gonna be picking some of those nutes up! From your info, letting the tap water sit to remove the chlorine or other chemicals is pointless. It's pretty much just to get the water to room temp. & I don't need to adjust my tap water PH for use in soil, even if it's coming out at 7.6PH, but because i am using the hydro nutes i need to adjust the soil/water to 6.3 PH so it can more or less activate the hydro nutes. I have 3 other plants on the go that i have not yet given nutrients. I can give those ones straight tap water? They actually do seem to not react to PH as bad.

See pics attached. Another thing i noticed is when i lowered the light on the right the bottom branches started to grow more and look healthier. I was considering increasing the light output of that light because it is higher and i can't really get it any lower cus the plant is so tall. I've considered topping it too but idn, i don't really like the idea of cutting the top off lol.

Attachments

• 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
  • 048.JPG
    048.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
  • 049.JPG
    049.JPG
    880.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
  • 051.JPG
    051.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 62
  • 053.JPG
    053.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
Optionally i was thinking about placing it in the middle of the tent, pushing the fixtures further to the walls and angling them inward a tiny bit.

Right now, while you are using salt chelated nutes that require a specific pH range, it is important to pH adjust not just the water/nute mixture to 6.3 but also the straight tap water you give every other time. This second watering is intended to reactivate any nutes left over from the first pass, so it too needs to be in the proper range.
I only offered the salt buildup as one of the 3 likely things affecting your grow, so it is not by any means going to be the entire solution to this problem, and although it is important to get this in periodically during a grow being given salt based nutes, it can wait till your next water only watering.

Back
Top Bottom