Jeff's First Grow, Multi Strains, 3-2017

DaddyJefe27

Today marks day 10 of my first grow. I was reorganizing my "hobby" closet mostly consisting of saltwater tank reefing equipment, and decided to sell a bunch of things and set up a grow cabinet with my 2 Chinese led boxes. I've always wanted to grow my medicine the right way from seed but have always had too many other things going on. Happy to say that both tanks have been pretty much been on auto pilot for a year or so and I can concentrate on saving a few trips to the dispensary. I'm starting with 2 seeds that I've held on for a year or so(gonna call M1&M2), 1Xblueberry dream, and 8XGorilla Glue. I started 6 of the Gorilla Glue beans for a buddy so they will be moving out in the next few days. I've been watering using RO water ph@6.5 with plant success soluble Mycorrhizae once every few days and misting with RO water once a day. I gave them their first mini feeding containing 1 ml of cal mag plus, 1 ml of both the Flora micro/gro 2 days ago.

Temp/Humidity - temp w/ lights on 77-82F off 70-74F humidity 44%-60%
Bucket Size - Solo Cup/finishing in a 1.7 Gallon
Medium - Miracle-Gro
Lights - (2) 120w LED
Nutrients - General Hydroponics Flora Series/Botanicare Cal-Mag plus/Great White granular Mycos(at transplant) also planning on using unsulfured molasses.
Grow Space - 2X2X4 - hoping to get 3 females and switch to flower no taller than 15" plant height and use some topping and LST to train these things a little bit because space is going to be a premium.

IMG_328027.JPG

IMG_327816.JPG

IMG_332712.JPG

IMG_333413.JPG
4 up front from left to right GG,M1,M2,Blueberry Dream
IMG_333612.JPG
M1
IMG_333813.JPG
M2
IMG_334017.JPG
Blueberry Dream

Day 15 from sprout......
So yesterday I fed all the plants the 2nd week of nutrients. I mixed 1 tsp of plant success soluble mycorrhizae, 2 ml flora micro, 2.5 ml flora gro, and 1.5 ml cal-mag into RO water and Ph'd it to 6.5. I've been feeding every 3 days and misting with RO water at least once a day. I finally moved out all the other plants and I am down to my final 6.
Front row left to right: M1,M2,Blue dream
Back row: Gorilla Glue 3X
IMG_347014.JPG

IMG_348213.JPG
IMG_348117.JPG
IMG_347914.JPG
IMG_347619.JPG
IMG_347416.JPG
IMG_347216.JPG

Transplanted into #1 pots yesterday and raised my lights about 16" plants are looking really good this morning after a couple had a little bit of shock from the transplant. Also fed the same amount of nutrients as last round after the transplant.
IMG_349017.JPG
IMG_349615.JPG

IMG_349711.JPG
IMG_349814.JPG
IMG_349917.JPG
IMG_350015.JPG
IMG_350116.JPG
IMG_350213.JPG

Decided today was the day for a little topping and fimming to give them both techniques a try. I topped M1,M2, and the Blue Dream then fimmed the 3x Gorilla Glue with sterile scissors. I was kind of surprised how quick they bounced back after just a couple hours or so.
M1
IMG_350415.JPG

IMG_350614.JPG

M2
IMG_350720.JPG

IMG_350818.JPG

Blue Dream
IMG_350913.JPG

IMG_351011.JPG

GG1
IMG_351117.JPG

IMG_351214.JPG

GG3
IMG_351312.JPG

IMG_351414.JPG

GG8
IMG_351510.JPG

IMG_351615.JPG

Front M1-M2-Blue Dream after topping
Back GG1-3-8 after fimming
IMG_35199.JPG

Today's day #22
Yesterday (day 21) I fed them their 3rd week of nutes. 4ml micro, 4ml gro, 1ml bloom, 1 ml flora nectar pineapple rush, 2.5 ml cal mag plus. Heading out of town for a week and having a buddy watch over my "girls" while I'm gone, if all goes well I'll be switching to 12/12 when I get back into town. Can't wait to determine sex on these bad boys to see how many girls I'm actually going to end up with because this cabinet is filling up quick.
IMG_356417.JPG
IMG_357119.JPG
IMG_356714.JPG

-Came home late yesterday and all is well in the cabinet, the homie did a solid taking care of a couple feedings for me while I was out of town. It shouldn't surprise me, but since this is my first grow I was pretty shocked to see how much they grew over the week. I decided to pull each plant out and give them a careful pruning in order to clean up the canopy a little, making them a little easier to move around and train. I topped the Blue Dream's now 2 main colas because it was quickly out growing the shorter indica plants. After a good mist of RO water I switched the lights to 12/12

- Tonight (Day 1 of Flower) I gave them their 4th week of nutrients
3ml Micro
3ml Gro
3ml Bloom
1.5ml FloraNectar
3ml Cal/Mag plus

Before pruning
IMG_375616.JPG

IMG_375919.JPG

IMG_376013.JPG

IMG_376315.JPG

After pruning

Totally out of control!! :) Gorilla Glue gets huge too. Have you thought of a little LST to reign them in? Multiple Buds would likely result as well as filling in your Canopy..:)
Been able to limit my own ladies using LST, and Many hidden bud site are now exposed...Yesterday's pics..
4-17-17.jpg

Boom-Right now I'm still in #1 pots (1gallon) I'm trying to wait until these plants show sex then transplant the remaining plants into 1.7 gallon pots. Ive tried to keep transplanting along the way into bigger pots to avoid overwatering and keeping the root ball tight but they got to be getting close to needing new pots soon. The cabinet is 4' and right now the plants are just iunder the line I made equally half on the cabinet so its going to be tight but the led boxes don't put off too much heat so I'm not all that concerned. Main concern with the space I have is id really only like to end up with 4 plants max to the end to give them a little more space to spread out but I'm not throwing away any females haha so well see
Buzzer- ya I topped or fimmed every plant to control the height, and after pruning the bottom a little bit ive been slowing picking off a couple larger fan leaves towards the middle and moving a few aside, or using LST to allow more light to reach the bottom bud sites. Its getting pretty crowded tho, and I'm not a fan of removing too many leaves, just hoping these plants show their sex soon to figure out what I'm working with down the stretch.
Yesterday- I moved the lights to their final spot (as far up as possible) I used hooks on top of the ceiling then hung large magnets with clips on them and clipped into the hooks. Only ended up using about 2-3 inches from the ceiling. It came out well and couldn't be happier with how this cabinet took shape over the first month. attached pics are the make shift fan board I built into peg boards with two computer fans that is screwed into the top third of the cabinet. The make shift reflective hood I built to allow me space to get to the top of the plants while still reflecting light on top of the canopy when shut. Waiting to use the DIY trellis net I made to keep the canopy tight until after these plants show their sexes.
IMG_378914.JPG

IMG_379114.JPG

IMG_378016.JPG

IMG_378716.JPG

IMG_377714.JPG

IMG_379214.JPG

......also the cpu fans up top are blowing the hot air out up top the cabinet, and I keep an oscillating fan outside the cabinet blowing air inside from under the reflective hood to keep the plants moving a little bit and keeping the air swirling inside the cabinet then out the top.

Looking good Jeff..
Not only are our grows similar, but My name is Jeff Too..:)

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom