Joey Weed's White Russian

KillerTree

2 weeks of veg to fill the screen (7" above plants) and this is day 29 of flower

wr6.jpg

wr23.jpg

I've never grown an indica dominant strain, I must say though, it grows amazing. I can't believe how these are producing at only 29 days of 12/12.

When I first popped my seeds and they got around 4" tall I put them under 12/12 to sex them and within 3 days of 12/12 the pheno you see showed hairs. Out of the 5 I popped 3 were female and I kinda figured right away I had a winner but just to be safe I took a clone of each of the other 2 too. They are in the back and you can't even see them because of the pheno in front. Not that I'm some grow guru or anything, because I'm not, but what I do know is that this pheno is the best scrog plant I've ever seen and it grows fast with lots and lots of branches, what more can ya ask for

the screen 7" above the plant is great because it fills fast, but I was only able to manage the training 2 days once switching to flower, there just wasn't any room left which is why my canopy isn't very even. I'm going to have to veg less or raise the screen next grow

1000w Super HPS for both veg/flower

Nice grow,:bravo: I have herd alot of good things about white russian i think it will be tasty. Enjoy

I suck at math, those pics were actually day 35 flower. I just did a res change lastnight and they are looking even better. I followed some stems because a few of the flowers starting looking a bit different(fatter) than the others, it turns out one of those back plants actually did make it in the pic and I didn't know it. The biggest 4-5 colas I have are from a sativa dominant looking plant. That's kinda cool I have such different phenos though, I'll have a variety. It is making me question if the one I thought was going to be the keeper is gonna be the chosen one. I did taking cuttings of all just in case.

I probably will stick with the indica dominant one since I did get white russian seeds to have an indica though, plus it branches like crazy and has multiple budsites instead of a few, even if they are a little smaller. They are super dense though, They look like they'll be like rocks when they are all done. The third pheno looks to be indica too and it does have a little fatter of a bud but it looks airy in comparison and it is only like 3 buds, definitely not a producer.

I don't think I will have a problem hitting the 12 ounce mark I need to for my sister's medicine by the looks of it. This thing is really packed with some nice colas, I went and bought another fan for the other side of the tent because air wasn't blowing across the screen anymore

love the scrog right? How long did you let them veg for total?How big would you say your screen is?
I think you will end up with a huge yeild.what nutes did you use? :cheer:
screen is 42"x48" but a good 12" is unused in the back, nutes are PBP grow/bloom, liquid karma, sweet, and the cal-mag was replaced with some other brand, forget the name. surprisingly only 2 weeks veg, one of these phenos grows crazy fast with multiple branches. Unfortunately the bud size isn't in correlation with that because the other phenos both have bigger buds, but nowhere near as many so it's a trade off. My target in a grow is a pound but with the backside of the screen not being used I'm not sure, I can very well still hit that number, just with it being a new strain I don't know how dry weight will compare to their current sizes

This is my first scrog where I had success filling the entire screen, and my judge was when I couldn't feed them back under. I took mine further along than you did and because of that the stretch made it a pain in the ass and I won't allow the screen to get so full again. Yours looks good and I personally would probably stop training since you are so far into your stretch you want to leave enough for them to use that last bit of stretch to go above your screen. You have a few spots that are still a little bare but if yours react like mine did those bare spots will produce some massive colas with the few that are there. I'm surely not an expert and just learning as I go but your screen to me looks good, you have it controlled way better than mine. My screen isn't very even with some of the colas a good 7-8" above some of the others but since I have a 1000w light it has enough penetration that keeping the canopy totally even isn't "too" important because the light distribution with this magnum xxl-8 is great, it's like an umbrella of light and my larger colas aren't shading the smaller ones at all. My next grow I will be doing a 5'x5' screen because this hood still has a larger footprint than I am utilizing

btw, feel free to post any pics here, what strain are those? If they are anything like mine they won't change much until day 30ish then they will start blowing up. The sativa pheno I have here is stacking on weight daily still, it doesn't stop, it's like stacking flowers on flowers. One of the colas is damn near the size of a tall can. The indica pheno looks to already be maturing with the hairs changing colors already though and the sativa pheno has bigger buds but the hairs are all still white so it looks like I will have a staggered harvest. I'm at day 45 now and haven't looked at the trichomes yet since I know they still aren't close enough to being ready for it to matter. What light are you using? mine is an aero/nft design but it is a horrible design, I am making some modifications to it now because lastnight I had a pretty massive leak. good thing it's in a tent, it prevented potential destruction.

My screen is 6x4 I am running 2 1000 watt air cooled hoods lume cool reflectors they work great. My strains are jack the ripper and also power plant. I did what I think will be my last bit of training today. After reading your grow I think I will have plenty of light to get my self some tall can size buds lol.I looked at my grow tonight and it has changed quite a bit since I took the last pics.They seem to just be spitting out an uncontrolable amount of new budsites. Every time I go out there I seem to train them for 45 min to an hour tucking and separating budsites.Did you remove any fan leaves or did the 1000 watt penetrate good enough?You seem to have a very dence forest going there are you concernd at all about mildew or mold? This is a subject that has me worried.You said your buds started to swell up at 30 days? How long does your strain take to flower?What kind of yeild do you think you will get?Oh yeah are you buds still thick and dencse close to the screen?

I am extremely worried about mold, more so than ever right now because I seen some mites lastnight and had to disconnect my ventilation and hang a hot shot no pest strip, with ventilation hooked up they never seem to work. The mites have been an ongoing problem but I don't want to use the strips this late in flower and I was really hoping my last battle would have held them off until this was complete. Right now it feels real humid in there and I have no A/C or dehumidifier so I'm just praying for the best.

The White Russian is suppose to be an 8 week flower strain. 6x4 screen with 2000w is crazy, I can't imagine the buds you are going to get. You'll probably make my main colas look like popcorn buds in comparison. I'm expecting anywhere between 12-16 ounces on my harvest judging by the look of it but with most of the buds being that indica pheno I'm not totally sure. They are extremely dense in comparison and "hopefully" have a bigger bang for your buck so to speak. I only veg'd for 2 weeks so I don't expect anything too amazing although I'm still hopeful. My next grow I'm going to have a dehumidifier for sure, I am scared about the mold and if I lose this one to mold it will be really bad because my patient is depending on having 12 ounces dried/cured by august and this is my hail mary to make that happen. I do have a good 4'x3 1/2' of screen filled so by the general square meter rule I could possibly hit over a pound according to the breeder but being a rookie I try not to set my hopes too high, instead I am worried about hitting the 12 ounces I need and anything over will be a huge success.

I am extremely worried about mold, more so than ever right now because I seen some mites lastnight and had to disconnect my ventilation and hang a hot shot no pest strip, with ventilation hooked up they never seem to work. The mites have been an ongoing problem but I don't want to use the strips this late in flower and I was really hoping my last battle would have held them off until this was complete. Right now it feels real humid in there and I have no A/C or dehumidifier so I'm just praying for the best.

The White Russian is suppose to be an 8 week flower strain. 6x4 screen with 2000w is crazy, I can't imagine the buds you are going to get. You'll probably make my main colas look like popcorn buds in comparison. I'm expecting anywhere between 12-16 ounces on my harvest judging by the look of it but with most of the buds being that indica pheno I'm not totally sure. They are extremely dense in comparison and "hopefully" have a bigger bang for your buck so to speak. I only veg'd for 2 weeks so I don't expect anything too amazing although I'm still hopeful. My next grow I'm going to have a dehumidifier for sure, I am scared about the mold and if I lose this one to mold it will be really bad because my patient is depending on having 12 ounces dried/cured by august and this is my hail mary to make that happen. I do have a good 4'x3 1/2' of screen filled so by the general square meter rule I could possibly hit over a pound according to the breeder but being a rookie I try not to set my hopes too high, instead I am worried about hitting the 12 ounces I need and anything over will be a huge success.

Have you looked into the Dr. Doom foggers? They are the shit.You can get the small can for about $10 and the shit is amazing.It is good up to the day of harvest but I woulodnt do it unless I still had a week or so to go just in case.I have used them and they work great.QUestion for you do you or more importanatly your patient smoke cigaretts? I guess it really doesnt matter as you cant taste it anyway but you can take abou 6-7 ciggarets let them soak in a gallon of water for 24 hrs and spray em with that.But I would strongly recomend the Dr. Doom in cojunction with the no pest strips they will stay away.

according to the breeder they will be ready for harvest in 8 days, so I don't want to use a fogger. I'll just try to battle these things to keep them under control and burn any survivors by running them through Bong Jovi, that'll teach em.

I really hate these mites, I've successfully battled them twice now and won both times but they somehow come back the very next grow like nothing ever happened. I guess this next time I'll get one of those Dr. Doom foggers and run it as I am flipping it to 12/12. I used oil once (my worst infestation yet) and massacred them, I wiped each and every leaf, I mean they had webs on top of the colas even and I destroyed them, they disappeared all the way through harvest not seeing another live one but sure enough, very next grow I got em again, damn things.

One of these days I will figure out what works, until then I've kinda accepted the fact they are here and more trying to control them than anything. It seems like that's all I can do, they are obviously smarter than me.

according to the breeder they will be ready for harvest in 8 days, so I don't want to use a fogger. I'll just try to battle these things to keep them under control and burn any survivors by running them through Bong Jovi, that'll teach em.

I really hate these mites, I've successfully battled them twice now and won both times but they somehow come back the very next grow like nothing ever happened. I guess this next time I'll get one of those Dr. Doom foggers and run it as I am flipping it to 12/12. I used oil once (my worst infestation yet) and massacred them, I wiped each and every leaf, I mean they had webs on top of the colas even and I destroyed them, they disappeared all the way through harvest not seeing another live one but sure enough, very next grow I got em again, damn things.

One of these days I will figure out what works, until then I've kinda accepted the fact they are here and more trying to control them than anything. It seems like that's all I can do, they are obviously smarter than me.

I had them really bad for 2 grows and finally got freakin sick of them. I realized the only way to keep em away is preventative measures.This is what I did and thank god them little bastards have not returned.After my last crop came off I hit the whole grow area with a regular ant and roach spray sprayed all the corners walls everything then leave it closed up for the day.If you are growing from clones from a collective then that is probably where they are coming from.Now you should neem your plants once a week and if you bring any new plants in quarantine them for at least a week and hit em hard with neem.I also set off a Dr doom fogger just to get in all the cracks and make sure there are no survivors. I alos hand a hot shots pest strip and so far not 1 damn mite thank god.I hope this will work for you as well.It is easyier to prevent them than to battle them IMHO

Back
Top Bottom