Just a Story

Sudz

I was trying to find a place to tell a story that came to mind after reading a few threads. So I am starting a Thread for just stories.

This morning I found a container with some cookies in it in the back of the freezer. They were made about a year and a half ago as part of a birthday gift of Buddacookies (they are still good).

The day they were made we were having a birthday cookout for my son in law. I had made cannabudda earlier and had spent the morning making oatmeal, raisin, cranberry nut cookies. The party was being set up around the grill out side which had me going in to the oven and out to the yard on a regular basis. My mother in law "Nannie" was sitting in the living room reading.

Nannie was excited about the cookies and did not like my warning that they were for a gift.

Entering the house I noticed Nannie quietly sitting with cheeks like a chipmunk. As I approached the sheet of warm cookies I noticed that one had vanished. Instantly laughing I went out side to gain my composure.

Back into the house and Nannie slides something between her legs and another potent sweet is missing from the cookie sheet. Now laughing so hard I could not breath I went back out into the yard and shared a laugh with all.

Next morning Nannie comes up from her room, hair sticking straight up, toothless grin, "Boy that was the best nights sleep since I have been here".

Thought for the day: "measure for correct dosage"

Back
Top Bottom