Lacey Receives First Marijuana Revenue Distribution From Washington

Jacob Redmond

Washington state counties and cities that are home to a marijuana retailer received the first revenue distributions from the state this week to help pay for the cost of pot enforcement.

For Lacey, the city will receive $17,451, or about $4,350 per quarter, for fiscal year 2016, said Lacey Finance Director Troy Woo.

Woo mentioned the enforcement revenue on Thursday during a Lacey City Council work session discussion about the city's 2016 budget.

The money received by the city is based on a percentage of the pot retailer's sales, he said.

As for marijuana enforcement action taken to date in Lacey, most of it has been for impaired driving, said Lacey Police Chief Dusty Pierpoint. Arrests for possession have been insignificant, he told the council, and police haven't had any problems with the city's first store.

That store, which is called Lucid, opened in December at Little Prairie Center near College Street and Yelm Highway. Another pot store, 420 Carpenter, would appear to be based in Lacey, but it's actually in unincorporated Thurston County.

A bigger problem is kids getting access to medical marijuana, Pierpoint said.

"And we're not getting any money from that," he added.

Under Initiative 502 – which ushered in a new era of legal marijuana use – the county was granted a maximum of 11 retail pot licenses: six in the county, two in Lacey, two in Olympia and one in Tumwater.

31804.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Lacey receives first marijuana revenue distribution from state
Author: Rolf Boone
Photo Credit: Steve Bloom

OK.... I don't know if I am just too stoned but I am definitely Confused?????.... I thought you could , but , even with the Kettle 5 it did not go well (still in hopes that the 5 can be appealed),... All in all I keep in my mind Always 6630507.......it blows this fully disabled vets mind that what EXISTS , per Our GOVT , that could Help Me with the pain & the loss of the use of both my arms due to nerve damage & the VETERANS Administration CAN'T/WON'T USE THIS FOR VETS !!!!! We are living in a nightmare and I don't even have a CHILD that could die from sizures if not for the Miracle of CANNABIS...... Pray for US ALL AMERICA...
US PATENT 6630507- Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants
ASSIGNEE- The United States of America as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services
https://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser…
The following are "owned" by GW Pharmaceuticals
Patent App 20130059018- PHYTOCANNABINOIDS IN THE TREATMENT OF CANCER
20120225136- INHIBITION OF TUMOUR CELL MIGRATION
20120245224- CANNABINOIDS FOR USE IN THE TREATMENT OF NEUROPATHIC PAIN
20120165402- USE OF ONE OR A COMBINATION OF PHYTO-CANNABINOIDS IN THE TREATMENT OF EPILEPSY
20120059062- COMPOSITIONS COMPRISING CANNABINOIDS FOR TREATMENT OF NAUSEA, VOMITING, EMESIS, MOTION SICKNESS OR LIKE CONDITIONS
20110230549- PHARMACEUTICAL COMPOSITIONS FOR THE TREATMENT OF PAIN
20100286098- USE OF TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL AND/OR CANNABIDIOL FOR THE TREATMENT OF INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE
20100239693- CANNABINOID-CONTAINING PLANT EXTRACTS AS NEUROPROTECTIVE AGENTS
20100016418- Cannabinoids for use in the treatment of neuropathic pain
GW PHARMA LIMITED - Patent applications
United States Patent: 6630507
Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases...

Back
Top Bottom