Large outdoor grow - 1-2 acres - Help?

SatoshiNakamo

Greetings everyone!

Jim here, from Ireland.

I've got a few amateurish questions for you professionals.
I truly apologize if these are annoying in your eyes, but please bear with someone who is not knowledgeable in the industry!

Very well, here we go.

To start off, I am planning on moving back to the USA within the next 3 years. I have a grandfather who owns a 350 (roughly) acre ranch in central Oregon that he purchased back in the 80s. He visits it a few times a year, but overall it's only maintained by the ranch hands. The farm will be mine in the future when the old man kicks the bucket and I may have found a business venture for it.

I have a friend who proposed leasing the entire ranch from us in order to grow a commercial cannabis crop.
He claims he'd handle the licensing and that it would a professional grow.
I'd like to verify whether or not his calculations are correct.

Let's say he is able to obtain the tier 2 license and has 40,000 sqft to produce outdoors (a little less than 1 acre).
He tells me each heavy yielding plant in the OR climate is able to produce between 1-2 pounds in a 6x6 ft (36 sqft) area, which means roughly 1,100 plants.
He mentioned planting clones that were in a vegetative stage for one month in mid June and would harvest by mid October.
He'd set up irrigation in order to ensure the plants have enough water and would also feed them nutrients.

Are his numbers roughly correct, or should I be skeptical about his proposition?

Once again, I would like to thank each of you for your future response. I am quite clueless about this industry and don't really know where else to find this kind of large-scale commercial information.

1-2 lbs per plant that is fed water and nutrients is quite normal, so I'd say these estimates are realistic.

Back
Top Bottom