Large scale medical outdoor grow

Woblaaaah

Hey guys I have a friend who has purchased a bunch of land. She is wanting to set up a large scale operation on about an acre of land...

I have never grown on this scale before she wants me to basically do all the work as she has never grown before (more like a silent partner). Any tips on how I should go about this should I be getting large tunnel houses or just grow them out in the sun?

What kind of nutes should I use for having over a hundred plants?

How far should I go with the training?

Should i plant in pots or in the ground?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

I am not moving 100 pots every day if needed put them in the ground so they have a massive root mass and can take whatever is thrown at them.If you plant them in the ground little training is needed to get them to yield big.I did no training on my outdoor this year in ground and here is were i am right now.

I am not moving 100 pots every day if needed put them in the ground so they have a massive root mass and can take whatever is thrown at them.If you plant them in the ground little training is needed to get them to yield big.I did no training on my outdoor this year in ground and here is were i am right now.

Nice!! What a monster

STOP!!!!

okay, never start off big, you will just end up in trouble.

Out door, start off 10 plants, do you research, find people you TRUST. I have myself 2 people, 1 ive known for damn near 30 years, and my cousin. People who understand and love the culture

From there, down get too big. outdoor you harvest once a year, or indoor you harvest 6x per year if you keep it simple. Security wise, indoor is better, bang for buck, outdoor.

After all the important things are said. Really look into mega crop nutrients, its simple and highly recommemded

STOP!!!!

okay, never start off big, you will just end up in trouble.

Out door, start off 10 plants, do you research, find people you TRUST. I have myself 2 people, 1 ive known for damn near 30 years, and my cousin. People who understand and love the culture

From there, down get too big. outdoor you harvest once a year, or indoor you harvest 6x per year if you keep it simple. Security wise, indoor is better, bang for buck, outdoor.

After all the important things are said. Really look into mega crop nutrients, its simple and highly recommemded
Yea I've been growing indoor for a while and done a few seasons of outdoor just nothing this big. The place is a secure location not worried about theives. Just wondering how I should go about tilling to soil and all that. The land is very fertile. I would be looking at hiring a family member or two to help out aswelll.

On large tracts a farmer starts with a turn plow which splits the ground and cuts furrows, then switches to a disc to break that up. For small plots a roto-tiller works well. Any time after soil is turned - the end result is that grass, weeds and tree saplings will spring up from dormant seeds in the ground.

First thing I'd do would be to read and fully understand all of my state's medicinal-use cannabis laws. The second thing would be to hire a lawyer who has knowledge/exprience with cannabis, and specializes in business law, specifically, partnerships - and have that lawyer do some serious paperwork. E.g., who is responsible for what (money, labor, security, et cetera), how the profits (if any) are to be split, what the process will be WHEN there is a disagreement between partners, what will happen if one partner becomes injured (or financially insolvent) and can no longer contribute, what happens if one dies, what happens if one partner wishes to buy the other partner out (or wishes to get bought out), method of arbitration when one partner disagrees with the other one (including, but not limited to, when one wishes to fire an employee and the other disagrees), et cetera. Also some thought should be given to what will be done with the product after harvest, because that's another potential disagreement.

The actual process of choosing seeds/clones, successfully growing, harvesting, curing, marketing, and selling cannabis is - of course - no cakewalk. But it'll seem like one when compared to all the business aspects of your business. Especially a partnership.

I would be looking at hiring a family member or two to help out aswelll.

That doesn't lead to problems about one out of every 1,000 times it gets tried.

First thing I'd do would be to read and fully understand all of my state's medicinal-use cannabis laws. The second thing would be to hire a lawyer who has knowledge/exprience with cannabis, and specializes in business law, specifically, partnerships - and have that lawyer do some serious paperwork. E.g., who is responsible for what (money, labor, security, et cetera), how the profits (if any) are to be split, what the process will be WHEN there is a disagreement between partners, what will happen if one partner becomes injured (or financially insolvent) and can no longer contribute, what happens if one dies, what happens if one partner wishes to buy the other partner out (or wishes to get bought out), method of arbitration when one partner disagrees with the other one (including, but not limited to, when one wishes to fire an employee and the other disagrees), et cetera. Also some thought should be given to what will be done with the product after harvest, because that's another potential disagreement.

The actual process of choosing seeds/clones, successfully growing, harvesting, curing, marketing, and selling cannabis is - of course - no cakewalk. But it'll seem like one when compared to all the business aspects of your business. Especially a partnership.

That doesn't lead to problems about one out of every 1,000 times it gets tried.
Hmm that's alot to think about. Ty

Hey guys I have a friend who has purchased a bunch of land. She is wanting to set up a large scale operation on about an acre of land...

I have never grown on this scale before she wants me to basically do all the work as she has never grown before (more like a silent partner). Any tips on how I should go about this should I be getting large tunnel houses or just grow them out in the sun?

What kind of nutes should I use for having over a hundred plants?

How far should I go with the training?

Should i plant in pots or in the ground?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

We are currently growing 10,000+ outdoor..

What I can recommend is cultivate/till multiple times, and use a disc. Run long rows of raised beds with plastic weed barriers, in between rows wide enough to run a 4wheeler through. If you think this will be a permanent set up, I highly recommend putting a permanent weed barrier down as well, otherwise you will be constantly fighting weeds! You will want to run irrigation, or have a plan for watering. We dug a trench for underground lines from a well, hooked to a dosatron that feeds out through a drip system (drip tape under plastic barriers).

Get plenty of people to help! Even with 5 people it’s still a lot of work!!

Trimming is helpful for harvesting if you plan on 8ft or taller grow. Our outdoor crop we plant a little later into the season so they get to about 4ft - 6ft. You can honestly trim/train before they go into flower, and with large scale of plants you will find yourself spending long hours each day doing so.. from experience, we trained some and compared to non-trained, found that growing outdoors they yielded about the same, massive beautiful colas and buds!;) (We grow our outdoor between that height because 10,000+ plants makes harvesting more efficient, the potency in the buds were higher and yielded the same in size).

If you plan to plant in a tunnel instead, highly recommend that you allow for enough spacing in between as for they will be more susceptible to mildew/mold & bug problems. Invest in automatic shutters and fans. (We trim all our greenhouse plants).

We use Flatline for nutes and Dipel for bugs.

We never had an issue with security and never fails each year our cows get out and walk the rows hahaa.. but we do run an electric fence hooked to solar around the crop.. we’ve also had the feds Hoover in a copter on multiple occasions so make sure you have an industrial license to grow and your plot sent in..

The other thing you really should put some thought into is your harvesting plan, where and how do you plan to dry? We dry/cure our flower in a controlled environment barn and the rest of the plants in grain bins. If you are growing industrial hemp then the next thing you need to plan for is who and how do you plan on bucking your material for processing? Then finding an extraction facility.

Last but least... your plan for the final product. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Growing a large scale operation is an investment, should start off with at least a 5 year plan!

We are currently growing 10,000+ outdoor..

What I can recommend is cultivate/till multiple times, and use a disc. Run long rows of raised beds with plastic weed barriers, in between rows wide enough to run a 4wheeler through. If you think this will be a permanent set up, I highly recommend putting a permanent weed barrier down as well, otherwise you will be constantly fighting weeds! You will want to run irrigation, or have a plan for watering. We dug a trench for underground lines from a well, hooked to a dosatron that feeds out through a drip system (drip tape under plastic barriers).

Get plenty of people to help! Even with 5 people it’s still a lot of work!!

Trimming is helpful for harvesting if you plan on 8ft or taller grow. Our outdoor crop we plant a little later into the season so they get to about 4ft - 6ft. You can honestly trim/train before they go into flower, and with large scale of plants you will find yourself spending long hours each day doing so.. from experience, we trained some and compared to non-trained, found that growing outdoors they yielded about the same, massive beautiful colas and buds!;) (We grow our outdoor between that height because 10,000+ plants makes harvesting more efficient, the potency in the buds were higher and yielded the same in size).

If you plan to plant in a tunnel instead, highly recommend that you allow for enough spacing in between as for they will be more susceptible to mildew/mold & bug problems. Invest in automatic shutters and fans. (We trim all our greenhouse plants).

We use Flatline for nutes and Dipel for bugs.

We never had an issue with security and never fails each year our cows get out and walk the rows hahaa.. but we do run an electric fence hooked to solar around the crop.. we’ve also had the feds Hoover in a copter on multiple occasions so make sure you have an industrial license to grow and your plot sent in..

The other thing you really should put some thought into is your harvesting plan, where and how do you plan to dry? We dry/cure our flower in a controlled environment barn and the rest of the plants in grain bins. If you are growing industrial hemp then the next thing you need to plan for is who and how do you plan on bucking your material for processing? Then finding an extraction facility.

Last but least... your plan for the final product. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Growing a large scale operation is an investment, should start off with at least a 5 year plan!
Thanks for that man. Lots of great info.

Back
Top Bottom