Large stems and stalks... in soil,,,

TheKiller

Does it make sense, that the larger your main stem/stalk is the more nutes and water/nutes will be available to the plant?

I know that is has more to do with root health than anything, but "what is happening above the dirt is what is happening below".. right?

I see many grows on here with very skinny stalks, growing 5-6 feet tall.. do those plants have a tougher time delivering water etc. to the flowers?

My girls have been trained low and stubby, as a result the main stem's are big around and very strong, they look like oak stumps... and the Branch's are all pretty robust also.

Does that help with the general well being of the plant or make any difference at all?

Thanks guys and gals.. Love to be able to ask these seemingly inane questions, in an anonymous forum....

skinny stalks suck, I mean does a fat person have a better circulatory system because he's fat? no, fat stems=more strength in the structure of the plant,I don't think it makes them able to take nutes up and disperse them better. I have seen a lot of seemingly perfectly healthy plants with twigs for main stalks. I always blamed skinny stalks on lack of light and no breezes to stimulate stem thickening. I guess I'll have to research that one,

Back
Top Bottom