Late onset epilepsy

Canachris

Hello all, I'm a 64 year old male who back in March of 2022 was diagnosed with late on set epilepsy. At first the seizures were mild and only lasted a minute or 3, every month since March they have gotten more frequent and more intense. My last episode was 3 weeks ago and I was out for 7 hrs,I woke up in the hospital not knowing where I was or what was going on. While I was in the hospital I had a psychotic episode and for days where I thought the Dr. an nurse's were trying to kill me. Eventually they figured out what was going on with me and one doctor explained to that I was delusional, he prescribed a anti-psychotic med an I pulled out of it. Ok now that I've caught you up on my journey let me get to the point. I've smoked cannabis since I was 14, for the last 12 years I have smoked daily except for the occasional sick day or hospital visit. I don't think my cannabis use has made any difference in the frequency or intensity of my seizures it has helped immensely with the side effects from the drugs and in my mental health. It seems that every 4 to 6 weeks I have an episode and the only thing the Dr. Can do is add a new drug or increase the dosage. My quality of life is non- existence I get out of the house 45 min a day I smoke to help me pass out an sleep away as many hrs as I can. I'm high so I know this rambled on too long an not sure what I expect maybe someone e is dealing with similar situation and has a bit of advice. Thanks for endureing my rantings

Hello all, I'm a 64 year old male who back in March of 2022 was diagnosed with late on set epilepsy. At first the seizures were mild and only lasted a minute or 3, every month since March they have gotten more frequent and more intense. My last episode was 3 weeks ago and I was out for 7 hrs,I woke up in the hospital not knowing where I was or what was going on. While I was in the hospital I had a psychotic episode and for days where I thought the Dr. an nurse's were trying to kill me. Eventually they figured out what was going on with me and one doctor explained to that I was delusional, he prescribed a anti-psychotic med an I pulled out of it. Ok now that I've caught you up on my journey let me get to the point. I've smoked cannabis since I was 14, for the last 12 years I have smoked daily except for the occasional sick day or hospital visit. I don't think my cannabis use has made any difference in the frequency or intensity of my seizures it has helped immensely with the side effects from the drugs and in my mental health. It seems that every 4 to 6 weeks I have an episode and the only thing the Dr. Can do is add a new drug or increase the dosage. My quality of life is non- existence I get out of the house 45 min a day I smoke to help me pass out an sleep away as many hrs as I can. I'm high so I know this rambled on too long an not sure what I expect maybe someone e is dealing with similar situation and has a bit of advice. Thanks for endureing my rantings
I'm so sorry Chris. :Namaste:
I use RSO daily, along with cbd.
I have many health issues that are improved greatly by using this combination of products.
I'm thinking the rso for sure would help you with seizures and side effects.
Cbd will make you feel better also.
Do you have access to them where you are?
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Rant away! My issues aren't as bad but challanging! I have tremmors and ataxia from a brain injury. I do quite well with meds as far as controlling it but it is isolating. Like yourself I'm a long term user but purely recreational. Medicine no dought but I like to leave growing and puffing as a bright part of my day. Hang in there!

Rant away! My issues aren't as bad but challanging! I have tremmors and ataxia from a brain injury. I do quite well with meds as far as controlling it but it is isolating. Like yourself I'm a long term user but purely recreational. Medicine no dought but I like to leave growing and puffing as a bright part of my day. Hang in there!
Thanks odjob, smoking has become the highpoint of my day(no pun intended) it's the whole experience, rolling a joint and the act of smoking even if it didn't get me high I would still do it. It's completely different from smoking cigarettes I tried those as a teen an just never enjoyed them the same as I do cannabis

I know this is an old thread @Canachris however I'm glad to have stumbled upon it. I haven't been diagnosed with it but I know I have seizures. I feel it before it happens. I've learned to stop whatever and get to the ground fast. I told my Dr and they wanted to do tests an stuff, eh, I didn't go to the appointment. I don't want to be put on pills or anything like that. I'm supposed to be taking BP meds too and I don't. I only had high BP for a little bit, I think it was due to vapes. I stopped smoking those after my incident and my BP hasn't been an issue since. I'm not old or young, just kinda in the middle. I do have a fear that the seizures will get worse as I age, do you find yours just happen outta nowhere, or have you noticed the seizure is triggered ? I'm trying to word this where it makes sense ☺️ and I apologize I'm frazzled at the moment and irritated from being stuck inside too much lately...thank you for sharing. One thing we can both agree on, seizures suck. An they can be scary! What you described at top, that's scary.

hey jiggi, my seizures are caused by a autoimmune disorder, there's this thing called "CASPR 2" it has something to do with the immune system but mine has decided to attack the right hemisphere of my brain. causing a swelling of the brain, the part of the brain it effects controls my walking, cognitive abilities, and behavioral changes. plus a bunch of things I forget, oh memory issues. I get no warning when it will happen. the worst one I was put in a medical coma for 18 hrs before my brain reset. up until March of 22 I was healthy and never had any issues like this before. now granted I've worked with hazardous chemicals and have had multiple concussion and breathed in enough lead paint dust to kill an elephant in my 50 years of working. if you have any ? feel free to ask. don't let your seizures get out of control I've had some where I looked like I was beat up by someone twice my size. oh I've also suffered wait loss last April I weighed 210 lbs now I'm 155 lbs... I haven't been this small since I was 16. sorry for the rant

Back
Top Bottom