Lawsuit Filed Against City Of Detroit And Cops Over Alleged Illegal Raid

Jacob Redmond

Disturbing allegations were revealed against Detroit Police officers as part of a Federal lawsuit.

It alleges major abuses of power by narcotics officers during an alleged illegal raid. The lawsuit says Detroit Police allegedly crossed 8 Mile right from Detroit to Warren, then victimized a suburban couple.

"All of a sudden I heard a loud noise, looked to the right and noticed my wife laying on the floor. Absolutely petrified," says Timothy Davis who is suing the City of Detroit. In an exclusive interview, he describes what happened next.

"Then I saw the AK-47 to the back of her head, six men came in behind that screaming and yelling get on the floor get on the floor. They did not say they were Detroit Police officers. They took me and my wife in separate rooms asking where's the money, where's the money?"

But there was no money, he says. In a civil lawsuit filed against the city and four cops, he says they even "destroyed my camera system I had set up for security."

During the alleged incident on Rubin Street in December of 2013, officers were outside their jurisdiction in Warren. Timothy says he is a licensed caretaker allowed to grow and supply patients with marijuana. But, cops still took dozens of plants. Then afterwards, "They took me to the abandoned building in Detroit, interviewed me 4-5 hours and let me go. I wasn't charged with anything. I called my wife and she drove all the way to Detroit to pick me up," he adds.

Meantime, a separate federal investigation is underway involving several officers from the same narcotics unit since disbanded. Attorney Michael Dezsi tells us "This certain industry has been targeted by certain members of DPD, and these are legitimate businesses."

On Thursday night, we spoke to a Detroit Police spokesperson, who declined comment because of pending litigation.

31626.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Lawsuit filed against City of Detroit and cops over alleged illegal raid - WXYZ.com
Author: Simon Shaykhet
Photo Credit: None Found
Website: WXYZ.COM | Detroit news, weather, sports from 7 Action News and WXYZ-TV Channel 7 (ABC)

They don't care about no stinkin' laws! I wonder if this lawsuit will, really, get anywhere. I get on my step-son when he calls the police "pigs". This behavior does not help me explain to him that the police are there to protect us!......:)-P.......... Well, maybe they would rather protect their own self interests.

Cops are out of control in this country, 15,000 people get killed every year by police, I am sure many times that are abused in someway. I have a friend that is a cop for like 30 years now. He used to tell me stories about people he busted for this and that and sometimes he would laugh at the way it went down. I used to laugh with him while thinking, "aren't there supposed to be some code of ethics being followed or some civil laws?" Since they have been equiping themselves with riot gear and swat team gear it seems incidents are more worse than ever. Looking over my years I am not sure if I have ever been treated correctly even for traffic tickets. I used to have more respect for them but with all these videos of abuse and case after case of excessive force, killings, bullshit busts, and ruining lives and business...families, it looks more and more like a police state everyday. The USDA has a swat team to shut down organic farmers...WTF? And then the CU student that shot up the theater as the joker just raises his hands and gets a pass after 70 people he shot?! Its upside down. Scary. Do you think if the cop shot the Joker dead that there would be any question about motive by the police or the people? Hell the police officer would have been a hero! Right now we can't even protest without worrying about pepper spray, a beating, or shot dead. You can't defend yourself then, can you.

Back
Top Bottom