Leaf edges curling

negativeions

Ive noticed the leaves curling the last few days. You can see the edges in the pictures. I know this is typically caused by heat, but the ambient temperature is well within acceptable limits. is it possible that the plants are just too close to the light, and the energy from the HPS is causing them to experience heat stress? Its affecting the top half of the plants, the lower leaves are fine.

Link --->First Ever Attempt - Indoor Closet - Done A Lot Of Reading & Welcome Advice!

IMG_26136.JPG
IMG_26147.JPG

Re: Leaf edges curling.

hey neg- definitely heat stress. sometimes if the humidity is real low or real high that can aggravate the situation by affecting the plants ability to regulate temperatures . one of the best grow toys i ever got , was an infrared thermometer from home depot. think it was $40-50 a couple years back, but i use that to check grill temps, look for leaks around windows but mostly to monitor leaf temps.

Re: Leaf edges curling.

Hi Jammie, thanks for your tip. I will try placing my thermometer closer to the top. Since I got my new centrifugal fan the temps have been really low. Actually my battery died in the thermometer so I will get a new one and check the humidity. The infra red sounds good but Ive spent enough on these puppies, have to start selling the stuff to recover the costs lol

They could just be finishing the budding cycle and dying off the plant uses the fan leaves for energy for the buds so you might not have any problems

Back
Top Bottom