Leaves curling upward around edges

Bandit125

I switched from T5 to HPS yesterday evening and this afternoon I noticed that the leaves are starting to curl upward around the edges. Nothing major, just a slight upward curl.

Is this just a reaction to the more intense lighting? Heat?

I am using Dual 150w HPS to cover three plants.

Thanks for any assistance

~bandit

Re: Leaves curling upward around edges.

HPS is more intense than the ol T5's i'm afraid, it could well be a touch of heat stress.

I don't know the distance between your plant & HPS bulb ? it could well need raising to around 10 inch to 12 inch should be fine or place your hand just above plant and raise bulb intill the heat on your hand is mild.

You may want to look at ventillation, e.g an extractor fan to reduce temps in grow area if known ? or even a 6 inch clip on fan inside grow area to help circulate air etc

I have the fixtures about a foot off the top of the plants. The heat is mild to the back of my hand, not uncomfortable at all. I also have a 6" 2-speed fan on high, keeping the leaves moving just a bit.

I opened the door to the grow room to allow some cool air, just to see if it helps. The plants dont look stressed, just different than before.

~bandit

theyre most likely adjusting to the new light. as long as they arent yellowing you should be alright.

Back
Top Bottom