Leaf tips are curling down

Ph the water , unless you are using organic soil but usually 6.2-6.5 is good , 7 is high and for soil 5.5 is too low
Good morning @802greenbuds hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine.
Why don't you drop a thread and introduce yourself and meet everyone.
Here is a thread.

BTW that's an old post 2013 , top left corner.

Stay safe
Bill

The photographs of your plants are displaying heat stress and too high pH levels in the soil. The downward curled tips of the fan leaves are indicating abnormal growth both from heat stress and excessively high pH levels in the soil which do not allow the plant to access the nutrients which are unavailable at high pH levels. I have experienced the same issues before i regularly began adjusting the pH of either the nutrient mixture or any water given to the plants which allow the plant to access nutrients in ratio available within normal pH ranges. The soil pH immediately surrounding the cannabis plants roots you will find is above pH 8.6 - pH 9+, above the range where a cannabis plant is easily able to use nutrients without complicated multi step process. The result is the energy which is used for growth is largely spent on carrying out nutrient conversions to access the plants nutrient requirements resulting in both slow and abnormal growth. During periods of high heat the cannabis plant growing leaves at its terminal leaf tips where the new growth is formed develops a downward curl.

The way to correct the plants issues is to flush the growing medium with pH 6.5 adjusted water and reduce the soils pH back to normal pH level and allow the plant to most easily access the nutrient available in normal pH range. To maintain the soils pH within optimal pH range continue to adjust the nutrient mixture you feed your plants to pH 6.5 for soil.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soilless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

full

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

full

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Back
Top Bottom