GDP - Leave ripping, Tips curling down

SlickChief

Can anybody help me diagnose my problem? Throughout my plants there are rips in the leaves and some tips are curling down.
I found varying results through google, not sure what exactly is the problem...

Plant 2 seems to have it worse than plant 1; 1 has always looked better ever since they were clones (2 weeks ago)

Leaf Rips:
leafrip2.jpg
leafrip.jpg

Plant 1 (you can see the leaf tips curling down)
plant266.jpg

Plant 2 (seems pretty healthy?)
plant166.jpg

Re: GDP -- Leave ripping, Tips curling down

Dark green leaves, and tips curling down is Nitrogen toxicity. It's basically the plant telling you to reduce the Nitrogen in the feedings.

As for the ripped leaves, I'm not sure. I almost want to say it looks like physical damage, as I see no problems at all on the leaves except for those damaged areas.

Do you have a fan nearby? Is there a chance the leaves are getting caught in a zipper or something?

Re: GDP -- Leave ripping, Tips curling down

Hey thanks for the pro-help.

I've fed it with Fox Farm's Big Bloom @ 1/3 strength once with regular water feeding and as a foliar spray, I guess I won't give it any until the leaves look better.

There is no fan in the area that can get to the leaves, and it's possible that I've been catching them on the zipper, but I really doubt that...I'll be extra careful now. Hm, is there anyway that too much light could be causing them to rip?

I agree with antics 100%, geeze antics your in every tread I read! It appears that the leaf tearing is only on those upper leaves, its hard to tell from the pic but it looks like you may have topped her? If you did the leaf tear could be a resulting injury from that, you maybe nipped the leaves when they were clustered together on the node you cut.

I agree with antics 100%, geeze antics your in every tread I read! It appears that the leaf tearing is only on those upper leaves, its hard to tell from the pic but it looks like you may have topped her? If you did the leaf tear could be a resulting injury from that, you maybe nipped the leaves when they were clustered together on the node you cut.

I wish it was, but it's been happening almost since the day they started :/
I thought it would eventually fix itself / get used to the enviornment, but I guess not.

Any other possibilities?

Thanks for all the help!
It may very well be a PH inbalance, as I am partially colorblind the PH test kits make it quite difficult for me to get the right ph.

The humidity is all over the place, lows as low as 60 highs as high as 85.
With an average 70

Your humidity is tolerable for Veg, but for flower you're going to want to lower it.

As for PH testing, just post your test results here brother. We'd be more than happy to help you read the results. There was another topic where someone had a problem with seeing trichome colors since he was colorblind, and we helped him as well.

Ah yes, I'll be getting more "Damprids" when i switch to veg.
Thank you for the offer but I've ordered a Digital PH tester which should be here before my next watering :)

Also, I saw something interesting today...there was some liquid/goo substance on some of my leaves...I assume it cant be a good thing. When I rubbed my fingers on it and smelled it, it smelled very natural and like the plant does.

It seemed to be on arbitrary locations...here are some photos:

oddgoop2.jpg
oddgoop1.jpg

who is the breeder of the gdp??

I had the same thing happen,its the only species Ive ever seen do this.In my case after about 6 or so weeks it stopped doing it

The breeder? I got the clones from a medical marijuana dispensary so I know they are legit.

Thanks for all the help, I should just continue to water without nutrients to fix the nitrogen problem correct?
I just watered them...added 1ml of Protekt to the gallon of water, that should be fine because it has no nitrogen I believe...

Back
Top Bottom