Leaves curled under please please help

groover

Hey there groover's. All my plants leaves are curled under but only on the new growth. The older lower leaves are large and lush. 2.5 weeks ago i sprayed them with bonzi growth regulator. Could it be from the nute temp being too low. They are growing fine other than this. The foliage is a nice deep green and the new tips are bright fluoro green. The nute temp drops a little low at night but all other conditions are ideal. Thankyou in advance.
You guys and girls rock.:peace::ganjamon:

plants10.jpg
heres a pic see how the new growth is all curly wurly

I have searched and read a heap o posts and all the leaf curl i see looks different to mine so heres my specs.
Strain unknown bagseed
Grow area 4ft wide 4ft high 2ft deep
Hydro/ Recirculating system
7x 6in pots nested in tray
Growing in fytoflake media
2x 130W CFL with 2400K lamps
been in budding cycle for 2 wks
using Cyco Platinum nutes EC 1.5-1.8
PH 5.5-6.0 with 5.8 ideal
temps run between 20-28C
50 litre nute tank with air stone
and air pump temp 15-27C
humidity 60-65%
plenty of airflow/ chamber has large
openings in each end and in the back
oscillating fan in chamber 14in
6in inline fan changes air with
every feed
feed for 15 mins every 4 hrs
:thanks::peace:

your leaf curl looks exactly like mine did, hydro setup, ph, temps, circulation, light distance from plants, all of that....was using GH Flora Nova series, and I mixed them properly....basically all you do with them is shake the bottle, measure, and pour in the res. when I started bumping up the EC/PPM, that's when I started getting the problem. I flushed with clean water for 8 water cycles, then went to 1/2 to 3/4 recommended strengths on the bottle for the remainder of veg, and flower...and the problem went away. good luck

I'm not recommending GH nutes, just giving you the info on my issue. i'm just saying that it looks like fert sensitive reaction from the plants, my leaf tips never burned, or showed any sign of nute burn, just the leaf curl (plants looked healthy green) and perhaps even your plants just have that characteristic when flowering(but I do see burned tips in your pic), if they don't look sick, maybe there isn't a problem.

Thanks Napth,:thanks: You have confirmed my suspicions. The water here has an EC of about 0.6(i know it sucks) I changed out the nutes using some storebought water EC 0.01(awesome) it cost me 30 bucks for 50litres but i think it was worth it. They seem to be coming good. They are all starting to throw pistils and i cant believe my luck but it seems that all 7 are girls(not bad for bag seed). Thanks again Napthali +rep for taking an interest:thanks:

Thanks Napth,:thanks: You have confirmed my suspicions. The water here has an EC of about 0.6(i know it sucks) I changed out the nutes using some storebought water EC 0.01(awesome) it cost me 30 bucks for 50litres but i think it was worth it. They seem to be coming good. They are all starting to throw pistils and i cant believe my luck but it seems that all 7 are girls(not bad for bag seed). Thanks again Napthali +rep for taking an interest:thanks:

great to hear! perhaps you need a reverse osmosis(RO) setup so you don't have to keep buying water, it will pay for itself if you are going to continue to grow....good luck, keep us posted :grinjoint:

I am already considering an R/O water purifier do you know much about them. I can get one for about $100 that is for connecting to a kitchen tap. It has a digital display that tells you when the filter needs changing. I am not sure how long the filter cartridges last. I guess that depends on how dodgy the water being filtered is.:bong::peace:

I am already considering an R/O water purifier do you know much about them. I can get one for about $100 that is for connecting to a kitchen tap. It has a digital display that tells you when the filter needs changing. I am not sure how long the filter cartridges last. I guess that depends on how dodgy the water being filtered is.:bong::peace:

yeah, I have no experience, search these forums, do some research on the net at some of the popular hydro stores, etc.
I live in the mountains, I don't need one :rollit:

Any ro filter will do the job. Where the price starts to increase is in the flow rate. usually larger flow means larger filter media etc. I use the Merlin Garden pro. retails for 550-600 usd but I found a new one online for a little over 300 a while back. Plants love it. ppm is still about 100 since I dont use the finishing filter or whatever add on they sell but my plants dont mind at all.

I use the GH Flora Series 3 part and absolutely love the results. Have not had a single issue.

All your stats seem right so perhaps your nutes are a bit hot. I beleive you have already compensated though. Good luck!

Any ro filter will do the job. Where the price starts to increase is in the flow rate. usually larger flow means larger filter media etc. I use the Merlin Garden pro. retails for 550-600 usd but I found a new one online for a little over 300 a while back. Plants love it. ppm is still about 100 since I dont use the finishing filter or whatever add on they sell but my plants dont mind at all.

I use the GH Flora Series 3 part and absolutely love the results. Have not had a single issue.

All your stats seem right so perhaps your nutes are a bit hot. I beleive you have already compensated though. Good luck!

Thanks for the info McBudz!

Thanks McBudz but thats a bit expensive. I only run a 50 litre tank so i dont think i need a huge filter. The higher water quality would mean less tank changes too i supose.:goodjob::Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom