Leaves Dying During Budding (Pics)

biodieselbenz

Hey, my Cali Orange is about two weeks into budding, and the leaves near the bottom are not only yellowing, they are browning and dying also. Here is the plant:

Garden_-_10-10-06_001.jpg

And here are my concerns:

Garden_-_10-10-06_003.jpg

Garden_-_10-10-06_002.jpg

I water them when they need it, usually about 3 quarts every two or three days, and I use about 60 - 75% recommended strength of Tiger Bloom with a pH of 6.3 to 6.5. There are no bug issues, and the buds are looking gorgeous. I just want to make sure this wilting isn't going to come back and bite me in the ass on the whole plant.

As always, any and all recommendations, tips, etc. extremely appreciated!

Thanks,

T

What type of light are using? floros or HID?

6.3 on the PH is a littel low, shoot for 6.8, Thats just my opinion

Your plant looks great""

Yeah, it's a 400W HPS with (2) 65W CFLs at the middle to get a little bit of light to the bottom part of the plant. And yeah, 6.3, 6.8.... to be honest, it's probably around 6.5, and regardless, I use a liquid universal indicator test for my pH (not litmus paper or a pH meter), and you can really only work in about .5 increments with those.

Not to bring up debate, but I do flush it from time to time, and here's why:

A while back, I was noticing signs of an Mg deficiency in my plant, but it wouldn't take anything from epsom salts which is the easiest and most effective cure for such a problem. Well, if pH is too low in the soil, or the medium carrying the fertilizer, the roots won't absorb it (as we all well know). So I flushed it with regular shower water, taking regular samples of the water coming out of the bottom of the pot. The water going in was ph 8, the water coming out was ph 5 or less! I flushed it until I was getting neutral readings, let it dry for a couple days, and resumed regular feeding. Worked like a charm.

I know some people are against flushing, and I probably wouldn't have needed to if I weren't a rookie, but in my experience, it definitely works to fix lockout. All of that said to say that I know the pH levels of the soil are probably right between 6.5 and neutral....

Thanks agian for the input!

T

haha it does look good..

trimming the leaves down bottom wouldnt be a bad thing anyway..

Just get more light to you lil danky dank buds you got goin there

I would remove all the old dead and dying fan leaves. There are pleanty of newer healthy ones to make up for their loss.

Nice looking plant. ^^^Good abvice there. If you have another area to veg in, take a couple of clones at about 21 days into flowering. The results will amaze you. You can also do some low stress training by tieing those lower branches out away from your 2 main stems. it will open up your plant a bit more to let more light into your lower bud sites.
Vin

plants looks quite impressive.... i would just trim away the dead/dying growth at the bottom (especially if you don't think the buds down there will amount to anything). If no light is getting to the lower growth it will take away from the rest of your plant without giving back...trim wisely and carefully (stay away from healthy green fan leaves)

I'll be trimming the first harvest on Saturday. But yes, having never tried it straight from the plant before, I just couldn't resist.

Quite frankly, I didn't mind the flavor at all, and I didn't find it harsh either. Maybe it's something to do with the Sativa strains or something... I mean, I didn't dry it at ALL... snip, tear, load, smoke... in that order :smokin:

I'll see if I can snag some more recent pics here soon. I have it supported all over the place... despite all precautions and attempts to strengthen the stalk throughout its life, the bud is so damn heavy that the plant is falling over!

I LOVE IT!

later,

t

biodieselbenz said:
I'll see if I can snag some more recent pics here soon. I have it supported all over the place... despite all precautions and attempts to strengthen the stalk throughout its life, the bud is so damn heavy that the plant is falling over!

I LOVE IT!

later,

t

now thats a good problem to have right there but its perfectly normal for plants to drop their lower leaves as they arent getting much light and the plant needs that energy for making the buds and further bending the plant over

Back
Top Bottom