Leaves turn brownish yellow after move outdoor

pingulay

420 Member
Strain Hunter Damnesia almost 1.4 month.

after 3 days moving from pot to outdoor leaves turn yellow/brown.

No nutritions, just water.

What is couse of this and how to help plant?
IMG_20210612_210915.jpg

Hey Pingulay,

Welcome to 420! In order to help we need more info. What can you tell us about the soil you started with before the transplant? How often do you water? Is that Damnesia an autoflower or photoperiod?

Weed has unique NPK nutrient requirements , it needs high N but lower PK for veg, then in flower it needs little to no N but higher PK, yet it needs calcium & magnesium all the way thru. Plain potting soil or soil taken from a lawn or garden is usually not sufficient. It will be enough to start a plant but deficiencies will pop up fast, think this is where you are now.

I think you may have a stunted autoflower, you will need some nutrients for sure. Sounds like you may be overseas, can you tell us what country? Not trying to pry but there is no need for us to suggest nutrients that are sold in US if you live in Europe or Asia.

IMG_20210612_210915.jpg
Looks like sunscald
Did you slowly acclimate the plant to the sun ?
When moving outdoors you should put it the shade for a few days and then slowly into more sun and then plant . It usually about a week to acclimatize a plant just like you would do for a pepper or tomato plant
Get a couple of flat boards or cedar shingles and place around the plant at an angle to decrease the sun exposure

Hey Pingulay,

Welcome to 420! In order to help we need more info. What can you tell us about the soil you started with before the transplant? How often do you water? Is that Damnesia an autoflower or photoperiod?

Weed has unique NPK nutrient requirements , it needs high N but lower PK for veg, then in flower it needs little to no N but higher PK, yet it needs calcium & magnesium all the way thru. Plain potting soil or soil taken from a lawn or garden is usually not sufficient. It will be enough to start a plant but deficiencies will pop up fast, think this is where you are now.

I think you may have a stunted autoflower, you will need some nutrients for sure. Sounds like you may be overseas, can you tell us what country? Not trying to pry but there is no need for us to suggest nutrients that are sold in US if you live in Europe or Asia.
Good morning. Thanks for reply

I start with manure vermicompost mixed with normal garden soil (brown).
I water depend on how dry soil is. 2 times in week.
This is photoperiodic Damnesia.

plant was very healthy before transplant and i decide to not use any nutriotion before transplant.

This is Georgia (Country).

When i transplant the plant, rain started. after 1-1.3 hour rain stops and sun comes. i thinks thats the problem, But im worried about if plant will survive.

This is roots before transplant
Screenshot_19.png

Looks like sunscald
Did you slowly acclimate the plant to the sun ?
When moving outdoors you should put it the shade for a few days and then slowly into more sun and then plant . It usually about a week to acclimatize a plant just like you would do for a pepper or tomato plant
Get a couple of flat boards or cedar shingles and place around the plant at an angle to decrease the sun exposure
Thanks for reply.

No nothing.

I now about that, but when i transplant it was raining outside. it was 2-3 PM (maybe very bad time for transplant, but it was only time i have) and after 1-2 hour sun comes. I thinks that was problem, But will it make it? will it survive?

UPDATE!!!

I gave her shade, water and organic nutrition (5ml-1L).

After 2 days leaves turns brow(kind of)

Is there something that i can help her?
Or should i wait?

Main question is:

Will she survive?

signal-2021-06-14-225604 (2).jpg
signal-2021-06-14-225604 (1).jpg
signal-2021-06-14-225604.jpg

I think the soil is bad, pH maybe, but she may recover as roots go deeper
While she's rooting, you could try plenty of pH 6.3 - 6.5 water with 1-2ml/L feed
Also, watering in a circle around the plant might encourage roots to spread
Good luck
Yes, soil is bad but not that bad as it looks.
last year i had regular plant 2.5-3M tall in this soil.

I will do as you said.
Thanks

IMG_20210612_210915.jpg
Hello @pingulay welcome to 420magazine.
That girl is going to need nutrients for sure. I don't think she is eating properly.
If it were me I'd get @GeoFlora Nutrients .
Excellent product easy to use.
And has everything your girl needs.
Also here is a chart you can use to help diagnose problems.
Bill

D2D39FFF-9C1B-45E0-BCDD-C4E788F33531.jpeg

Main question is:

Will she survive?
I had noticed your question the other day but I did not have enough time to post a message then. In the meantime I have done a quick search on what I see in the picture. Since I do not see where you have not mentioned anything in this thread since then I am just going to answer the question best I can.

The plant certainly looks like it has Sun Scald like @Pepperhead mentions. You were able to grow good size plants in that soil last year, you did get a bit of rain and you can go and water it yourself when needed so that is good. What I think happened is that when you transplanted the sun light was very strong and the plant was not 'hardened off'. The sunlight and heat caused the plant to transpire or loose a lot of water from the leaves faster than it could replace it from the soil.

You have a good root system and if you had been able to transplant on a cloudy day and if the next couple of days had been cloudy the roots would have grown into the new soil and there would have been no problem. But it sounds like you had more sun light and heat than the plant could handle.

Will it survive? I do not know and I checked some gardening websites. It seems that gardeners say that there is a 50% chance it will survive and a 50% chance that the plant will not recover.

Let us know what happened. Or is this the plant that got eaten by the rabbit?

I had noticed your question the other day but I did not have enough time to post a message then. In the meantime I have done a quick search on what I see in the picture. Since I do not see where you have not mentioned anything in this thread since then I am just going to answer the question best I can.

The plant certainly looks like it has Sun Scald like @Pepperhead mentions. You were able to grow good size plants in that soil last year, you did get a bit of rain and you can go and water it yourself when needed so that is good. What I think happened is that when you transplanted the sun light was very strong and the plant was not 'hardened off'. The sunlight and heat caused the plant to transpire or loose a lot of water from the leaves faster than it could replace it from the soil.

You have a good root system and if you had been able to transplant on a cloudy day and if the next couple of days had been cloudy the roots would have grown into the new soil and there would have been no problem. But it sounds like you had more sun light and heat than the plant could handle.

Will it survive? I do not know and I checked some gardening websites. It seems that gardeners say that there is a 50% chance it will survive and a 50% chance that the plant will not recover.

Thanks of reply.

I did research too and I'm 100% sure it was sun scald.

Next 2 days was kind of cloudy after transplant.
But, plant don't grow. Do not produce new leaves.
Screenshot_5.png

I remove burnt leaves and leave healthy leaves. But healthy leaves have brown spots.
Plant is not dead but dont feel good i think.

Today i will give her organic liquid nutrition (its called "Organica". it's local Georgian liquid for vegetation)

How often should i water it? and how many liter water need?

No this is another plant.

Damaged plants recovered. It was not rabbit. My neigbours have same problem with other kind of garden plants. They sad birds do that.
IMG_20210617_221409.jpg
IMG_20210617_221359.jpg

Thanks of reply.

I did research too and I'm 100% sure it was sun scald.

Next 2 days was kind of cloudy after transplant.
But, plant don't grow. Do not produce new leaves.
Screenshot_5.png

I remove burnt leaves and leave healthy leaves. But healthy leaves have brown spots.
Plant is not dead but dont feel good i think.

Today i will give her organic liquid nutrition (its called "Organica". it's local Georgian liquid for vegetation)

How often should i water it? and how many liter water need?
As far as watering goes, I tried to water my outdoor girls daily.
Depending on temps and size a couple liters at first should suffice then increase gradually.
Water in a circle around the outside of her, make the roots chace the water until she gets big and well rooted.
Hope that helps.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom