Outdoor Grow Loosing Leaves

MagicNinja

Hello everyone. I'm having a bit of trouble with my outdoor plant and it hasn't gone away so I figured I'd post.

My plant is potted in MG potting mix (all that was available) and has been re-potted once so far. Its about 2 months old, though it is very small for its age. The lower leaves have started getting yellow, turning brown, then falling off. There has been no spots or weird looks. The whole leaf starts very slowly turning yellow then breaks off.

This is happening only on the lower leaves and the top leaves are very green and healthy. This plant has not gotten any nutrients yet but I am planning on it soon, it turned from a hap hazardly dropped seed in a pot into an actual grow. Any suggestions on a cheap fert?

The spotted coloration and black spots are from what I think are thrips. I have been giving it a half strength pesticide for flowering type plants ever couple of days and the spots have gone away and the damage is clearing up.

The leaves started dropping before I gave the plant pesticide. I don't think the leaves that dropped were from pests either, because the affected leaves did not turn yellow and fall.

Oh and also, it seems that where the new leaves are created, has split from the major center stem. It has still been producing new leaves but is it normal? You can see an example in pictures 3 and 4 very well near the top of the plant.
I appreciate all the help and I love the forum!
pic65.jpg
pic313.jpg
pic55.jpg
pic219.jpg
pic47.jpg
Pic118.jpg

Is your soil always that wet? The soil needs to dry between waterings. Feel the weight of the pot when it's wet like that. Then let it dry. If the very top surface is dry, use your finger to poke in gently. When the dampness recedes an inch or two, note how heavy the pot is (how it feels to you, relative to when it was wet), then water it again until it runs out the bottom. You'll learn by the weight when to water, but always use the finger check. I'm just saying all this because your soil looks soaked and the plant looks like it's suffering the effects of too much moisture. The roots need air to be healthy. As the soil dries the roots grow to find more moisture. Healthy root mass is necessary for nutrient uptake to support vigorous top growth.

Thanks for the reply! I don't think its from over watering. That picture was taken at night right after a hard rain. I'm making sure its getting enough drainage, and it only gets water every 2 or 3 days depending on dryness and the weather. I do have to keep it in mind to watch the weather, its outside oncovered so it gets the most sun.

Back
Top Bottom