LED Closet Grow with Barney's Acapulco Gold & Mars Hydro II 900W

Six9

I've been lurking for a month posting random questions, said I'd start my journal when I dropped seeds. I planned to drop last weekend but had a temp setback.. 600w MH was simply too much (heat) for my closet, thus the move to LED. Researched and ordered a Mars II 900w light which arrives tomorrow 06/08.

I was anxious.. I dropped seeds four days ago thinking I'd have time to install the Mars II, but all 5 broke ground yesterday! One strong one was already up to greet me yesterday morning. I promplty put them all under four 24w ccfls, the rest broke ground through the day yesterday. I made the decision to put the four strongest under 10w LED E27 bulbs which I had on hand to use under canopy. So far they seem to like it, stems seem okay, I'm monitoring.

One of the questions I posed in FAQ was White Widow vs. Acapulco Gold for 1st time grower. Everyone recommend WW; but the idea of succeeding with a classic sativa strain for my 1st grow became an obsession! I love a challenge and decided to give it a go. I know there's more to it, I have soft wire for training, am researching FIMMing vs. topping, plan to VEG for only 20-25 days, and feel I have enough vertical room.

Specs:
3' x 3' x 8' closet
Mylar lined
6" adjustable exhaust fan ducting into attic and up chimney box
Connect carbon filter when/if needed
Decent air refresh with air being pulled in from under door crack
75-79F, 50-60% RH.

Germination method - Soaked in 6.0 distilled water for a few hours, then to 50/50 mix of Sunshine #4 and fine vermiculite.

Solo Cups - ugh I used clear ones but am grabbing red ones to drop the clear cups into (holes in both). Transferring to four 5 gallon fabric pots w/Sunshine Mix #4.

Nutes - Fox Farm Soil Trio and Beasite Bloomz, easy for newbie but I'm def interested in organic.

I hate to destroy #5 but don't think I have room for it. I may plant it outside. I'm as ready as I can be. I hope to pull it off. Fingers crossed, belly's rubbed, prayers made. I'll update along the way.

Ugh these sideways pics, bear with me..
20150604_092304.JPG
DSC_018825.JPG
DSC_019023.JPG
DSC_018720.JPG

I'll add some Mars II installation pics tomorrow. Advice, comments, tips welcome!!

re: LED Closet Grow with Barney's Acapulco Gold & Mars Hydro II 900W

So I decided to put them all back under cfl until I have Mars II installed. LED bulbs too focused to hit all. Logical to take all as far as possible now in case something happens to one. My babies already know I'm OCD. must chill..

I read that roots shoot straight down. They all had a single root visible through the bottom of the cup.. the shortest sprout had the longest root!
DSC_0178_1_1.JPG

Red solo cups over the clear ones now.

Mars II 900w LED installed. Wow it's a tank, good thing a stud ran dead center in my closet ceiling. People are hanging these from grow tent support frames?? Light was very well packed. They use heavy cardboard corner protectors inside the already heavy cardboard box, well done Mars Hydro, that detail is worth the cost, keep doing it.

82f with light on and fan/exhaust fan running, my hottest part of the day though. I'm hoping for a couple degrees cooler the rest of the day and quite a bit cooler come fall/winter.
DSC_0185_1_1.JPG

Cheers good luck with your grow. what kind of temp differences for you? Your tent has a pretty solid light hanger/bar?

Get your sunglasses ready its going to be bright

No kidding wow! I spent 5 min without sunglasses today and was sering green after. Hopefully didn't mess my eyes up. Glasses from here out..

Currently have the same light in a 3x3x7 tent with temps and RH the same as yours so your right on track. Adding a 2nd tent with a Mars 700 though. Getting alil light burn with the 900 since I let my Chocolope get too tal lol

Thanks for that info, nice to know my temps are normal given equipment and variables. Babies still alive and kickin, they got a two hour break today while I programmed my timer and pulled light down for pics. I'm doing a mini/review on light, will post in Mars Hydro thread.

Today's pic and a video I shot after a mid day toke. so random.. enjoy 420 :)

DSC_022012.JPG

[video=youtube;Nvqz1xEMZEg]
[/video]

Out for a a heavy misting. Been misting twice a day since initial watering. Cups were light again so a heavy misting was in order. Pretty little trees, hopefully I can take them all the way..
DSC_018019.JPG
DSC_018323.JPG

Back
Top Bottom