LED light distance

royroy

I have 2 x 300W LED lights for sometime, they were about 3 ft. away. It seems that there hadnt been any vertical growth. Should they be further away? In large air pots as well.

Hey Roy, I have 2 600W LED's in my grow. I put them 24 inches from my plants. I have kept them the same height since seedlings and they have grown up to about 16 inches from the lights. I have had no issues thus far. Most of the time you can find manufacturer recommendations online for your specific brand or light. Good luck and happy growing!

Hey Roy, I have 2 600W LED's in my grow. I put them 24 inches from my plants. I have kept them the same height since seedlings and they have grown up to about 16 inches from the lights. I have had no issues thus far. Most of the time you can find manufacturer recommendations online for your specific brand or light. Good luck and happy growing!
You maintained the 24 in. clearance? My plants are about 24 in. and lights have been about 3 ft. away...???

i spose some lights might be different and my experience with led's is limited but i would say 36 inches is much too far away from the plants. that three feet with a two foot plant leaves a lotto the plant four feet or more away.

two feet, twenty four, 24 inches , as mentioned, is a fine place to start, and then the plant can be allowed to grow a bit more into the light as it becomes used to it. near to a foot away the tips can grow up to, or similar

i have not grown babies under led but two feet is what i have read for them as well

cheers

You maintained the 24 in. clearance? My plants are about 24 in. and lights have been about 3 ft. away...???

Yes sir. Once they sprouted they spent about a week under my humidity dome. I then moved them directly under the LED, 24 inches from the light. I did, however, only use the "VEG" switch for the entire time they vegged. Some LED's have this option, which includes a "BLOOM" switch for flowering. I have Viparspectra brand and I was able to get the recommended distance from them via Amazon. If it helps you can see how much mine have grown being that far away in my journal. They are growing fast since I have switched them to flower and turned the "BLOOM" switch on. I'm sure I will need to raise my lights very soon.

Also, the manufacturer had a diagram showing the ideal spot to have the plants. It was something like 24-18 inches above it and it would cover a distance of something like 2x2 wide. The light is said to be able to cover a 4x4 wide area, but that 2x2 area 18-24 inches above the plants is the sweet spot. Hope I'm not rambling on :smokin:

Have a 400 watt LED and going by the manufacturer recommendations set for 18 - 24 in. for veg (veg switch on) and 12 - 18 in. during bloom (veg and bloom switches on). Usually start at the high end and let the plant grow into it. After the stretch staying at 12 inches worked fine.

Back
Top Bottom