LED lighting

More proof, as every single plant you see in my gallery is under LED. I've never used anything else. Ever.

4:20_Journal_-_64.png
4:20_Journal_-_72.png
4:20_Journal_-_69.png
4:20_Journal_-_70.png
SnapShot71.jpeg
Part_Deux_-_200.jpg
Part_Deux_-_173.jpg
Part_Deux_-_150.jpg
Part_Deux_-_187.jpg
4:20_Journal_-_28.png
4:20_Journal_-_59.png

Is that enough? Do you require more?

:bongrip: - JZ

At this point in the game, anyone who thinks LEDs cannot produce is simply stubborn and uninformed.... Quality lights produce higher quality buds (according to many, no real scientific data to date). It would appear that too many people got ripped off by 1) doing too little research 2) Re-sellers and manufactures straight up lying about their product. It leaves a bad taste in their mouths and that is likely the case with Kamaka.

Led grow lighting has advanced by leaps and bounds. The newest technology is going back to big single leds emitting a total full spectrum and looks like sunlight. People are confused by LED'S (light emitting diodes) because the specs vary widely. This is due to the manufacturer and what type of leds he is using. Aside from good quality and bad quality bulbs, you need to worry do the lights have the spectrum you require. People are rightfully confused because most companies will say 300 watt led grow light, but it DRAWS 145w from the wall. You can upgrade the driver you can run the lights brighter IF THE LEDS CAN HANDLE IT (a lot are run at half power to save lifespan and energy). People AND manufactures still don't have a correct power so you can look at and worse, exxacerator their claims. People still think in LUMENS, but that is only brightness that comes from light VISIBLE TO OUR EYES. Most full spectrum led lighting has light output being emitted you literally can't see, to even though you are getting that light, it would be zero lumens. Check out par vs. Lumens (Google it). Even par is misleading at times. I got 2 bulbs shipped free for 8 + dollars, but I looked to see what they were, mine even have ultraviolet and infared spectrums. They were "28 watt" bulbs but they are probably doing half that. Still, they hurt your eyes to look at. At least all the different leds (there are 4 or 5 different kinds for the spectrums) are 1 watt leds. This is very important to understand. Leds used to be so weak. And even until recently, the 1 watt leds were SO EXPENSIVE bc they were new, put out more then any other leds, and so on. Problem most people get ripped off with is they might get "28 watts, but instead of 28 leds, they have 112 leds, but they are .25 watt bulbs and you get no brightness, intensity and more important concentrated powerful light. The even make leds that are 3, 5 and even 10 watts each now! Then they use crazy magnifying lenses... just wait a few more years. They will stretch it out to make as much money as they can, but these lights will get cheaper and cheaper. You can get a 300w one on ebay for 50 some dollars (I've seen them for that price), knowing that they will only output half that. But even 150 watts from an led IS like a 500 w HPS. However it varies so much from brand of led (Cree is more efficient by 7% or so over epistar, but epistar is still a good brand, to no name brands, but maybe ur getting 3w leds. So your getting 100 leds so 300 watts. Those 100 3 watt leds will outperform 300 1 watt leds in terms of light intensity and more is better be need the light as intense as possible without burning the leaves. It's hard to know what all is going on even if you are well-versed in this stuff. My dad is an electronic engineer and makes his own printed circuit boards and can design power supplies. He is making an led light right now but not for growing. I even know more then he does about led grow lighting, even though he utterly destroys me when it comes to pure knowledge. And there is still a lot more for me to learn! Home this "shines some light" on the subject. Lol

LED lights have gotten better! I got one from Amazon... a 300W lighttunnel. It's my first grow and I really screwed up the bag seed I got, but one made it and it's in some kind of bloom right now. Bought another light when it went in bloom cause I needed a light for 4 Northern lights fem seeds. I just repotted them because those girls are growing great. Thinking of getting another 300W light tunnel for a new veg room.

I've been a lurker around here trying to learn, and I picked the LED because of the lack of heat issues and saving on my electric bill. Upfront it's expensive (about $119 each), but in the long run it will pay off I hope.

Back
Top Bottom