LEDs and lumen output?

mistakeith1

I'm not too familiar with LED lights but I was looking at a 13 watt, 168 LED count, pure blue spectrum(for veg and clones) that screws into a regular light fixture.

Blue Spectrum LED light

I was thinking this would be ideal for my small clone/veg chamber....if one would do the job.
Otherwise I will resort to flouro's :peace:

the new light measure that can compare reasonably is micro=einsteins [number of photons per time per area and usable wavelengths] this can be compared with HPS MH LED once you do the math to adjust for spectrum differences

when you compare on this level LEDs put out big for their wattage however LED plus flouros seems to be the current concensus on most boards i visit

somewhere i saw some college guy say something about mixed spectrums in LEDs doing much better and 2or3 red to 1 blue working better than equal mix or single spectra

i'd like to do a cab with 2' flouro UV tube mixed LED lights and
daylight and warm CFLs i suspect the mix would compare well with MH and HPS as both put out UV that most of us overlook

I picked up 2 of the LED lights you are talking about at Sam's Club. I'm going to try them with my 4' fluorescent light
I am having with my plants, the leaves are curling under and turning brown/gold. I have read in other posts that the N is to high. How do you lower the N??:grinjoint:

i'd like to do a cab with 2' flouro UV tube mixed LED lights and
daylight and warm CFLs i suspect the mix would compare well with MH and HPS as both put out UV that most of us overlook

I agree with this after everyone's input. If I end up having the extra cash I may just order one of these to add in the mix for my veg chamber.:peace:

Slowpuffer I bought 2 45 watt LED's at Sam's. So far the 2 to 3 week growth seem to like them, they start bending towards the light.

Thank you very much !! I believe that you'll have good results vegging, but it's the flowering that i dought. I don't want to be negative, but i dont' want to buy something i don't need or can afford. Could i ask what you paid at Sams ?? And are you gonna flower with them ?? I can buy a 2 month old, hid-hut 90 watter for $250 from a private seller. I will really appreciate it if you'll keep me posted on your success ?? And i'm very sure that everyone else would like to know. The manufacturer says they will replace a 400 watt hps, but they only give you a 2 week warrantee. Ha !! Can you imagine not having to deal with all that heat, and having your electric bill go down. I'm not looking to grow a lot , maybe 6 to 9 plants, 2 or 3 times per. yr.. Good blow around here cost about $400 a Z. Keep me up dated !!

I'm running LED's for flowering, but 90 watts is small. Think in terms of power, I'm running over 200 watts, and I'm already going to expand the system to cover the 660nm red, and some wide spectrum whites as well to cover the minor colors plants need. This will bring my power up to a little over 300 watts. Don't waste your money on any system that doesn't have at least 1 watt LED's on it or it will not penitrate.

Back
Top Bottom