Lemon bars?

MsIndica

Has anyone here made cannabis lemon bars? I like brownies because the chocolate flavor covers the cannabis butter taste pretty well. I was thinking about making some lemon bars next. I just don't want to waste my nice butter on something that tastes like crap. Any input would be appreciated. :)

Whoa sounds yummilic:peace:ios; can't see where the lemon would ruin a good batch of cannabutter. Will you be posting the recipe and results? Rastafari.

Whoa sounds yummilic:peace:ios; can't see where the lemon would ruin a good batch of cannabutter. Will you be posting the recipe and results? Rastafari.

I was just going to try a box mix, and replace the oil with my cannabutter. I need to find one or modify it so that I can get enough butter in it to have an effect. I'll let you know how it turns out ad which mix/recipe I end up using.

Only problems I've had from a lemon bar mix is that sometimes it seems that no matter how well stirred it is before baking the oil seems to cluster unevenly. Try adding lemon zest for more flavor.

Adding more Lemon sounds like a good idea to me cause when i made canna sweets the mj was so overpowering I couldn't eat it. I never thought of adding more flavoring.
:high-five:

That is a good idea. I went and looked at the mixes and the only one I found doesn't call for butter or oil. I guess I need to find a recipe from scratch. I did see one today for lemon brownies so I'm thinking I might try that one. It calls for one stick of butter, so they won't be strong THC-wise, but maybe a good balance between taste and effect.

any updates on lemon cake? i have a lemon i wanna use up, enuff trim & shakes for a butter or oil so curious what went down with it. I thought of adding some applesauce to help hide the taste... any ideas? :surf:

I haven't made any yet. Sorry, I got busy and I'm going to have to make them from scratch since it doesn't seem that the store mix is a good plan. I'll do it soon. I have to, I'm almost out of brownies! :O

I haven't made any yet. Sorry, I got busy and I'm going to have to make them from scratch since it doesn't seem that the store mix is a good plan. I'll do it soon. I have to, I'm almost out of brownies! :O

I am so burned out on chocolate....never thought I'd say it! lol The lemon bars sound awesome! Have you tried a recipe yet? Would love to know how they come out! Would also love the recipe!!!

If you tone down the butters taste with a couple of drops of orange oil...then you won't need to over power the mix with lemon..

I found a recipe for the "Perfect Lemon Bars" on my Cook's Illustrated site. sadly butter is only used in the crust hardly seems worth the bud.

I found a recipe for the "Perfect Lemon Bars" on my Cook's Illustrated site. sadly butter is only used in the crust hardly seems worth the bud.

I'm thinking if you use the same amount of butter in the crust, the topping would be a bonus! If the butter is potent enough, you should still get the dose you are looking for.....let me know if you try them out! I would be interested!

Back
Top Bottom