Licensed Pot Grow Busted In Centralia For Cultivating Too Much Marijuana

MedicalNeed

A 56-year-old man was arrested in northeast Centralia Wednesday morning for cultivating and manufacturing marijuana inside a home where police discovered 160 marijuana plants.

Forty of those plants, however, remain at the house because the homeowner is a licensed medical marijuana card holder.

Home renter Bradley Andrews was arrested at 10 a.m. after police served a search warrant at 1335 Kulien Ave. He also is a licensed medical marijuana card holder. He is charged with growing more marijuana than his license allows.

"Just because you have a medical marijuana certificate doesn't mean you can have that many plants," Centralia Police Chief Bob Berg said.

The plants left behind were seedlings, police said. They belong to homeowner Mary M*****, 49, who lives in the Tenino area.

Neighbors, wishing to remain anonymous, watched from the street as police carried pot plants in large plastic buckets out the front door. They said they suspected marijuana had been grown inside the home for at least the past five years. They pointed to two air conditioning units ó one connected to a garage ó that curiously always ran and the redolent aroma of marijuana that often could be smelled from the street.

"As soon as the door opened, it just rolled out of the house," Centralia Police Sgt. Pat Fitzgerald said of the smell.

Plants ranged in maturity from seedlings to fully grown.

Two bedrooms of the house and the garage were used for the grow operation, which was equipped with an irrigation system, timers and lights, but lacked professional sophistication, police said.

About 40 plants were mature; police estimated they have a street value of $2,500.

Police did not discover a large supply of bud ready for distribution.

"There was some stuff that's bagged, but not in excessive quantity," Fitzgerald said.

Fitzgerald noted Andrews was convicted on residential burglary in the 1970s in California.

NewsHawk: MedicalNeed:420 MAGAZINE
Source:theolympian.com
Author: ADAM PEARSON
Copyright: 2010 The Olympian
Website:Licensed pot grow busted in Centralia for cultivating too much marijuana - Crime Reports - The Olympian - Olympia, Washington

40 mature plants were only worth $2500? I know the drug of choice in Centralia is currently Meth, but man that sounds low.

Everyone that is growing legally has to follow the letter of the law, as the law knows you are doing it, and they are highly inclined to see if all your things are in order.

Those 40 mature plants must have been so small for it to only of been worth $2500.. Guarantee a couple officers took some for there own personal stash :laughtwo::laughtwo:

When I read Centralia, I started to wonder - Pennsylvania doesn't have a MMJ law, and Centralia is best known for a mine fire that has been burning since 1962. Once home to about 2000 residents, only seven hardy souls now inhabit the Borough of Centralia. The U.S. Postal Service also deactivated the Centralia, PA 17927 ZIP code back in 2002.

When I read Centralia, I started to wonder - Pennsylvania doesn't have a MMJ law, and Centralia is best known for a mine fire that has been burning since 1962. Once home to about 2000 residents, only seven hardy souls now inhabit the Borough of Centralia. The U.S. Postal Service also deactivated the Centralia, PA 17927 ZIP code back in 2002.

sounds like they could use some though

The low estimate on the monetary worth of the plants is probably a new strategy they're using to devalue the cannabis that they're having to cough up the money for when it's determined that they confiscate them illegally, lol.

Funny that it was determined that a certain number of plants was legal - and so they left that amount of seedlings and took all the mature ones. And they said cops were dumb.

Back
Top Bottom