Light burn

Coolbloom

I think I am experiencing light burn and was wondering if a cooltube could resolve my probleme or if it will just raise down my ambient temperature. I cant just raise my hps light because of my 5feet celing basement

thank you

I have only used the MH/HPS reflector with air ventilation hook ups, which is the sort of thing you are referring to. I run my ventilation into the room, past my plants, through the MH/HPS reflector and out of the room. It drops the temperature of the light significantly, like from 125F without the air cooling to about 80F with the 130cfm air cooling. Before the air cooling it was uncomfortable to hold my hand on the top of the light, now I can hold my hand on the light as long as I want with no pain. It should help cool your plants down a lot. Mine is 1000W and have about 24" of space between the glass on the light and the top of the canopy. I could lower the light about 6" but I need to spread out the light to cover all of the plants.

With 5 foot total vertical space, you are probably already training your plants to lay flat.

Can we see your set up and plant ? And listen to the advice on cooling for sure. Getting that light as cool and as close as possible will make drastic improvements to your yeilds as well

I guess we would need to know if your "light burn" is due to the heat from the light, or due to the light being too high of an intensity (like over 70,000 Lux). It might be useful to buy a light meter (like the "Dr.Meter Digital Illuminance/Light Meter LX1010B , 0 - 100,000 Lux Luxmeter" from Amazon) and an IR thermometer; both can be found under $25 each. The IR thermometer is the one with the little IR red light dot that you can read leaf temperatures, etc. That way you can quantify the problem and know if you are making improvements in the direction you think you are making them.

Back
Top Bottom