Light for 27"x27"x63" Grow Tent

Newtons

420 Member
Hey all! So I ended up buying a 600W LED grow light, yet it does produce quite a bit of Heat. Even for an LED fixture as I have two 4" inch fans that push 195CFM and it still hits about 77-80F. It says its equivalent to running a 300W HPS/HID which I still seem to doubt although it is extremely bright. I was wondering, with the amount of electricity I'm using running this light, should I just switch to an HPS light? I have been debating on it since I have been told that HPS lights tend to produce bigger yields. I get charged .10790 cents per kWh and am running 18 hours a day as of right now which if I did the math right, comes up to around $15.44 a month considering my light uses 265Watts. So, it would seem it would end out being cheaper to run a HPS that's either 250W or 150W, whichever you guys would be the most suitable for my size of a grow tent. Is it true that HPS not only make the plants grow faster than in LED's, but also produce buds that would be more dense? Thanks guys for any opinions out there that can help me out!

There’s a few things you need to consider:
- can you handle the extra heat of an HPS?
- extra cost of fixture, ballast, hps and mh bulbs?
The temps you’re running at right now are perfect for LED growing. It’s recommended that you keep your room a bit warmer with these lights as there’s not a lot of extra heat radiated onto the plant.
LEDs can produce wicked buds, as can most any light, once you’ve got everything figured out and tweaked to perfection.
If this is your first grow I’d run it through with what you got. See how everything works before you invest more money into it.

Back
Top Bottom