light movers

cannilingus

i am thinking about investing in a light mover. not so much to cover more area, but to un-shade the areas from being statonary. i suppose i need to measure my area. like four foot long. and i have a tent to the right of this area, so i want the light to stop there, before moving back. i have read one article, that stated they thought they got quite a bit more yield using the mover. and, 100. is not too bad for an investment. since my tent is not closed (used to be my bloom), now it still is, but an open tent. i could remove the tent, and make a track to handle both lights? back and forth both go? obviously i would have to afix a 2x3 the lenth of the run, to accomodate the movement. anyhoot. chime in. i would appreciate comments, experiences, etc. ty!

I love my movers. They use little watts and you will see yield increases as well as quality increases. Watt for watt and $ for $, a mover and CO2 are the two best investments you can get.

i got the light rail 10. installed the 6' track onto a 8' 2x4. havent got it up yet. tested it tho. with clips on each end, takes about 85 seconds to go to the other end. i am thinking, i could put both my hoods on it, with a kit. or do i need it? i could add one 3' extention, and the walls are 12 ft apart. that leaves 18" on each side .

i have 3 mover sitting in boxes,after using them for a year,I noticed zero increase in yield or potency

more in the way than ,any benefit. at-least in my rooms.

85 seconds?? wow man, crossing that span, will be like the plants getting zero light every other minute,
for a 12ft span i ran 3 movers and 3-600 wt hoods,looks pretty cool when they are all hooked up and running,but im not sure there was any benefit,in fact.The buds were more "airy" kind of like growing with cfl's

years ago everyone i knew had movers,now i dont know anyone that really uses them

let us know how your experiment goes:thumb:

i have 3 mover sitting in boxes,after using them for a year,I noticed zero increase in yield or potency

more in the way than ,any benefit. at-least in my rooms.

85 seconds?? wow man, crossing that span, will be like the plants getting zero light every other minute,
for a 12ft span i ran 3 movers and 3-600 wt hoods,looks pretty cool when they are all hooked up and running,but im not sure there was any benefit,in fact.The buds were more "airy" kind of like growing with cfl's

years ago everyone i knew had movers,now i dont know anyone that really uses them

let us know how your experiment goes:thumb:
another member told me his exp, was the opposite. he says movers, or co2 was the best bang for the buck. said he got more yield, AND better quality. odd how we all get differnet results. when i finally get it up, it will be interesting to see what i get. i do know this, chains and or yo yosmust be used, to keep lights CLOSE to plants. as just mounting mover to rail, will keep lights far above them. not good. this would make airy, small buds. thanks! i do have yo yos. so i should actually be able to keep lights a bit closer to plants, as movement will cut down on heat.

another member told me his exp, was the opposite. he says movers, or co2 was the best bang for the buck. said he got more yield, AND better quality. odd how we all get differnet results. when i finally get it up, it will be interesting to see what i get. i do know this, chains and or yo yosmust be used, to keep lights CLOSE to plants. as just mounting mover to rail, will keep lights far above them. not good. this would make airy, small buds. thanks! i do have yo yos. so i should actually be able to keep lights a bit closer to plants, as movement will cut down on heat.
My mover has a move distance of about 10-15". And because they only use a 15w, on a 600w light that is drawing about 650w from the socket, that is only a 2% increase in watts with the footprint going from 16sqft to 20sqft which is an increase of 25%. I found that i could go from 1000w bulbs to 600w bulbs and place them closer to canopy with the mover which was a huge benefit in yield/watt.

There is also the concept of 'intermittent lighting' that comes into play with a light mover. Read about intermittent lighting with algae here. The moral of the story is that the light capture part of photosynthesis is fast and efficient but the dark capture part is slow and inefficient. The plant takes in the energy and then slowly processes it which takes time. This is another reason why movers work, adding to the efficiency of the grow/watt. Ive just to consider how to move my LED's in various ways and have started talking with an electrical engineer about 'flashing' also as it seems the LED's can handle this.

after struggling with installing mine, i found that since i have two air cooled hoods, the ducting was getting pinched, etc. also the cords. it was such a hassel, after i was done, that reversed it. but, i did accomplish removing the tent. so now i have my girls spread out, with two 600's over them. this will have to be enough. now, to find a home, for the new mover, and tent.

I am not trying to discredit any other member,they have there own experience/findings. all about sharing ideas to make us all better

sadly,im one of those people that buys way to much stuff i have a shed full of equipment that i wish i had not have bought.

C02 If done properly is a great investment,problem is very few do that right, they try them in tents and open air grows(closets) when it really only works in 100% sealed rooms,if the rooms are not sealed they would benefit way more from fresh air, again,this is from my experience, and a pretty expensive air quality meter

some of my favorite posters here dont use anything---s1ngblade--no mover no c02 2lbs per light--thecap'n--no movers no c02 over a pound per 600wt---cultivator--last harvest was 130 zips--no mover-no c02

C,
just get the movers!!!
they keep the canopy more even, cause extra light bounce off wall & floors, so buds grow every which way. even down!
I have worn 1 out! def! get Co2. late bloom it really packs on the bud
Slag

Back
Top Bottom