Light socket adaptor and 400w HID?

sillysally

So I know pretty much nothing about electricity, so forgive me if this is a stupid question...
The area that I am going to be growing in does not actually have an outlet but it does have a lightbulb on a switch. I was wondering if something like this: Leviton 9726-C One-Piece Glazed Porcelain Outlet Box Mount, Incandescent Lampholder, Pull Chain, Top Wired, White would be ok to use? I am looking to plug in a power strip to that outlet and put the 400w HPS/MH light and a small oscillating fan?

1666932723179.png

Thanks!

Nope- from what it's rated on Amazon description- it says roughly 600 watts ability and you never want to load anything electrical more than 2/3 so the light alone maxes out the load. Plus a 400 watt light throws off a lot more heat than you can imagine- do you have exhaust ventilation taken care of? The oscillating fan won't be enough.
Try to use as few extension cords as you can- fire is a constant worry with MH or HPS lights. Anyway that's my 2 cents worth and I use a MH/ HPS light too and have a great deal of respect for all that heat.

Just saw this is your 4th post! Welcome to 420 magazine! Lots of great folks here with a lot more great ideas.
Good luck with your setup and if you give a few more details about your space and plans for it you may be able to get more precise help:peace:

Back
Top Bottom