Lighting Question CFL/LED

BuzzinBobby

420 Member
I am on my second grow using CFL's. My first grow was 3 plants using 8 23W CFL bulbs. I had no idea what I was doing but somehow I did harvest some bud, rather good bud at that. I grow in a small closet that is in a small room that stays closed off. I vent the closet with a small desk fan. Anyway I am interested in LED lighting. I am looking closely at the Mars old style 100 x 3w which brings me to my question. Do you believe that would be enough light for my small 2 plant grow? Also, do you need reflective material when using LED's?
Any input will be most appreciated.

Buzzin

I'm using the same model now. I'm using it for 1 plant, which is now over 24" wide. Next grow I'll be using it for 2 plants, and I don't expect any trouble.

Reflective material helps, mylar preferably and not aluminum foil. But walls painted flat/matte white work just fine.

And these LEDs will help a 2 plant small grow turn into a 2 plant 'whoa!' grow. You can still control the plant height, like my plant now is only about 16" tall, but over 24" wide, 35" from corner to corner, all I did was FIM it, and used LST to make it grow how I wanted.

EDIT: I also grew with CFLs pprior to using this LED, I used 14 bulbs, 361 total watts, and this LED is kicking the CFLs ass all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom