Little experiment

Nickystickybuds

Im fooling around with some lighting. Im new but this is how i get info right? Anyway i have a 1000 watt LED BUT DON'T KNOW ACTUAL WATTAGE. Then yesterday im think why not. So i threw 62 watt ×2 bulbs CFL in there too! Hopefull my Dutch Cheese clone likes it. Anyone else try this mix lighting?

i don't know what kind of lumens your 1000 wt LED is putting out. It should put out enough light on its own. By the time you find room to put those other lights over the plants where they will do some good. They will just be in the way of the LED. The lights you added are really not enough wattage to make any difference. If they do then the LED you got is useless.

Gotcha thanks. I cant renenber the brand name. Its bout on it and u bought about a year ago. I try to find ones online so i can try to figure out the actual wattage but having a hard time. Most say it pulls 140 from the wall. So I've been asking folks and they say won't hurt. I lije the ideaof CFL. 2 inches from the plant. That's whati use to germinate so i put the LED 18 INCHES AWAY and CFL away just enough not to hurt it on the lower nodes. This is my second grow with this LED and thefirst came out great! Little on small side but that's because i used shitty soil and no nutes. This time I'm using FFOF.perlite and the FFsoip trio so shoukd be even better. Nice fat buds and good high my first grow

Yeah that is the wattage it pulls from the wall. Not sure why they state the wattages that they do. Probably to say it as bright as something in that range. Thing is bright is not all there is to it. Lumens is what counts. Light spectrum has more to do with usable light then brightness.

Lights are like fishing lures. Most catch more fisherman than they do fish. With lights just because something looks like the others does not mean it will perform like they do. I am not really the guy to tell you much about LED light. I use HID and will tell I can be sure what I am buying will perform to the standards set by HID.

I was extremely green when i bought it soits my fault for not research any. Now i know it also says on top of it out put 240watts idk in gonna save and get another. Thank you

Not a problem. From what you said it produced good buds last time so it should continue to work for you. Nothing wrong with upgrades as long as they are better. Go with what you got tell you are sure the new one is better.

Easy for me. I might find lights with less heat or that draw less power. I am not going to find one in my budget level that will produce better or build better buds than a 1000 wt HPS LOL.

Youre right it worked so leave it. I was rhinkibg it was tge light. Although it came out with very nice buds for my first time. The plant itself grew to be about 18 inches tall! Buds everywhere but really really undersize. That was with no nutes. Ive got all the nutes tge FF SOIL TRIO. So id figure lighting would help get taller

Back
Top Bottom