LMAO Cloning For Dummies

My mother plant is in a 5gal bucket...I was informed it's best to feed small amounts everyday...helps to keep from over watering and it's beneficial.

It's not a bad idea if you stuck a tiny little plant into a great big bucket. Because then you have a tiny little root system that only fills the top middle 5% of that bucket, lol - and if you give it a good watering, the plant will not be able to access and remove the moisture fast enough, which means it'll be sitting in a wet environment until evaporation removes the bulk of that moisture.

And some people do have to do that, if they're growing auto-flowering strains and decided to make the plants' first homes their final ones so as to avoid transplanting.

But in pretty much every other situation, where the container is properly sized for the plant, no. In those cases, give the plant a healthy amount of water, and allow it to use it over the course of the next day or three. Rinse/lather/repeat. IMHO (and in the opinion of the vast overwhelming majority of cannabis growers everywhere ;) ).

was told they are like humans and we like to eat everyday

First, analogies can only go so far - and are often poor to begin with. I'm like a car in that I go all over town, lol - but I don't stop at gas stations to drink several gallons of flammable hydrocarbons, then go down the road farting smoke and soot from partially combusted hydrocarbons out my arse-end.

Second... Do you suppose that there's some sort of plant gremlin that goes burrowing into your buckets each night and scarfs up all the nutrients that your plants haven't had a chance to eat yet? Or sucks any "extra" moisture out of the soil?

Watering too little and too often only encourages a shallow, underdeveloped root system.

S&W 327trr8

I'm a big fan of exercising one's right to bear arms. But I'd have thought twice about posting a picture of a pistol and jars of buds together. Seems like many states would consider that "possessing weapons under disability" (a felony) - even, apparently, some states where the cannabis is approved for medicinal use. IDK about states where it has been legalized for recreational use.

Strictly speaking, it's a federal felony, too, since the federal code mentions "controlled substance" (and cannabis, on the federal level, is).

Also, if you care at all about your privacy and security... The serial number is stamped into that barrel you pictured :icon_roll . Which might be a moot point, I suppose, if you haven't registered it or been in any way connected with the serial number - and the last person who did cannot be in any way linked to you.

Everybody wants powdered nutrients to make their beds go faster I spend most of my time trying to figure out how to slow them down

Put up some poles along the perimeter of your beds and use them to support shade cloth. Next year you can try placing whichever plants you wish to slow down into containers; you can always stick those containers in the ground so as to not be unsightly - they'll probably still grow less.

Does anyone have a subject that they want to go over and get other ideals or anyone have a subject that they want to learn about that we can start now that most people clearly have learned how to do the cloning

This looks like a pretty interesting discussion, and the thread is still new enough that a person won't have to read 1,420 posts to get started:
Decoding The Holy Grail: Terpene & Cannabinoid Retention - Decarb to Extraction

If you mean something for this thread, specifically... I did wonder - when I saw the bear picture - just how hard it is to get the fat off the meat before it goes rancid and ruins it.

Not tortured ugly-looking clone that you are refer at you are referring to looks absolutely perfect now and nobody would be making fun of my pretty little flower now so let me get a picture of her now and see what everybody thinks from cup to Cocoa
420-magazine-mobile545220667.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1066525400.jpg

Ok folks I made it through 2 very busy loooong days. It's funny on the drive home I couldn't wait to get there and check on the girls.
What are your thoughts on running your lights on a 6-2 hr schedule? I have been hearing about it more and more. Anyone here have any experience with this?

I have never heard of this I will run my lights like normal I start at 12 and 12 after a few weeks I will move to 11: 13 then I will move to 10:14 and then I will move to 9:15 but that's as far as it goes 9 hours a day like 15 hours of Darkness go much shorter and I would think that you would lose a lot of resin production and Bud weight

The people who say they do it are people in this site. I will try to find one of the threads where I saw it. Anyway their reasoning is that a plant can only build so much in a 18 hour cycle. They say if you give your plant a 2 hour rest every 6 hours you give the plant much better growing. I do have to do a pile of research on this. I personally don't like to change when what your doing works. But with enough research , if it makes sense to me I will give it a test on a small scale. That way I can verify a new idea of not without taking to many chances.

You might want to go outside of this site looking for that try some actual books on growing cannabis or well-known articles done by universities and doctors these will be more accurate than people's postings I have never heard of this in my 12 years and to me but this is just to me it sounds stupid

No it is not an issue that you have it like that at all I dropped mine down to make the plant simulate actual fall conditions as the Sun starts to get it shorter hours this causes your fruit to ripen a little faster there are some side effects though you can lose a very little bit of THC and you will lose a little bit of weight but you can also keep it at 11:13 the entire time and not lose anything at all it's just more like actual nature

This branch...one of the 2 lower ones that has the poly trait...did this to itself...like stopped itself...bent itself over...idk just weird
420-magazine-mobile248004470.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1526352885.jpg

I forgot about my clones and they got moldy and died LOL

Kinda gave up after that, but my mother plant into flower with the 3 clones I got from my friend, on my 3rd week currently. Ordered some Auto flower seeds from company that sponsors this magazine. Put 1 into soil and it popped in 2 days and is growing nicely currently. Lets see how it does.

I still have to thank for all the tips and this thread overall, even though I didn't succeed on my cloning experiment this time, I got lots of information about the process, and maybe next time when I want to try it again, I'll be succesfull :)

Just a little tease pic after 2 weeks of flower, I defoliated the plant a few days ago.

Ei_infoja2.png

Ei_infoja.png

Keep in mind again, the lime colour is because of HPS and iPhones camera, cba to take the pictures so that it's "real" colour, this is enough for me.

And really off-topic, I kinda quit smoking for now after a bad addiction and depression, it's been about 2 weeks now and I'm starting to feel better and fine.

Back
Top Bottom